why does my buss stutter after i come down from a wheelie?

tyrone

Registered
so i learned how to power wheelie last year. Iv recently noticed that when i come down from a wheelie my bike starts to stutter under 5krpm. Its really intermediate. some times the next day its fine....but then other days its doing it soon as i start riding. (under normal riding conditons). i feel like its a fuel problem. I used lucas injector cleaner.....same issue. i changed the oil...same issue. i have spark plugs to put in it but i feel like its not the problem. someone mentioned clutches are going bad.? any suggestions?

sounds like a fuel problem , like your disturbing dirt in the tank or pump , suggest you drain and clean out the fuel system , you could of course stop pulling wheelies :laugh::laugh::laugh:

awesome. i didn't think about that. i will do that for sure. it impossible not to want to learn how to really ride a busa wheelie. thanks for the input!

out of interest what year is the busa , the early ones with external pumps (99-2000) suffered with dirty filters and screens , if you do a search you will find some good info on stripping and cleaning them

Check the tip over sensor at the base of the gas tank. The mount may be broken.

It's a 2003. So I changed the plugs and it stopped. Weird! I wonder if I had oil in my cylinders! Plugs looked like ****. Thanks again for the info.

If the plugs looked that bad, maybe stuff was being knocked off them (and interfering with a clean spark) thus causing the stutter. Glad you solved the problem. Now go enjoy those wheelies. :laugh:

Yea maybe. The head is coming off soon to be ported and cams...so I'll see what's up in there. It's funny becuase alot of the guys around here in Kc Mo hate on me when I roll pass there 600 and 1000s in the corners or when they pull wheelies next to me and then I just returne the gesture then take the eff off. Lol. It's empowering. I hear alot...dude you ride that thing like 600.

Back