08 Hayabusa - FI light solid on

justindwright

Registered
Hello,

When I started up my 2008 Hayabusa this morning, it started and revved up to 5000 RPMs for about 3-5 seconds. (about 55* out) and the FI light stays on, and then it dropped down to 1500-2000RPM and was bouncing/idle surging..

I shut the bike off, restarted it, and it was fine, rode it to work, no problems.

Get to work, shut it off and restart it for the heck of it, and it does the same exact thing as before.

Any ideas on where to start with this.

The bike has 2400 miles on it.

Thanks,
Justin

Have you recently changed anything on the bike? Modified any part?

Did bike just get out of winter hibernation? Just guessing but maybe old gas in tank, possibly with some moisture in it?

Did bike just get out of winter hibernation? Just guessing but maybe old gas in tank, possibly with some moisture in it?

It has 2300 miles on it. I believe it did sit for a while... I have put about 3 tanks of gas through it already. Running BP 93 octane from a newer gas station.

The second owner bought it with 1000 miles on it and then only put 1000 miles on it, now I am the 3rd owner and I put 400 miles on it in 2 days.. lol.

-Justin

Search on here how to pull the code, thats fast easier place to start from than where youre at now. Basically you'll get out the dealer plug under the away and cross two wires to put it into diagnostic mode and itll show a code in the gear indicator.

Search on here how to pull the code, thats fast easier place to start from than where youre at now. Basically you'll get out the dealer plug under the away and cross two wires to put it into diagnostic mode and itll show a code in the gear indicator.

It has a code 40 for the ISC.. Any common problems with these or anyone have to replace one?

Back