2000 to a 2007 Engine swap

cyborgbusa

Registered
i have recently swaped motors in my bike went from a 2000 to a 20007. i cannot get engine to crank properly and run. its missing and backfiring real bad and just sometimes wont even hit. i labeled every wire so everything is to be plug correctly back up. need to know if cylinder placement or timing is different on a 07 than a 00.plz help

after searching threads it appears that you need to use your original stator, rotor, and pickup. you are not the first with this issue! good luck, and good fun with your project. :D

Dear friends, please, here in Brazil a friend of mine has this exact problem. Could you please tell me what are those rotor and pickup parts? Thanks very much!

The alternator rotor and ecu from any 2002-2007 engine will work. If you are installing the newer engine into a 1999-2000, you need to do a "pin swap" on the harness (do a search). If you are installing the engine into a 2001, nothing else needs to be done, it will fire right up . . .

The alternator rotor and ecu from any 2002-2007 engine will work. If you are installing the newer engine into a 1999-2000, you need to do a "pin swap" on the harness (do a search). If you are installing the engine into a 2001, nothing else needs to be done, it will fire right up . . .

POWERHOUSE So you can use the 2002-2007 OEM ECU and Harness on a 2008 engine with no modification? You got me thinking now to do the swap on my 2002 :D

ive been trying to find the pin swap if putting an 07 motor in a 99 but keeping the ECU from the 99. Can someone please help to explain what all is needed IF i take put my 99 motor, and put an 05-07 engine back in its place? Can i still use the 99 ECU? Tyt!

Back