Help needed with hesitation

tatt00edangel

Registered
2003 Hayabusa. Brock's Alien Head full exhaust. Power Commander 5. A couple of questions. What kind of mileage should I expect from this setup? I'm getting about 26 MPG and not sure if that's what's expected. Also, I get some hesitation, I will be cruising along and if I try to quickly accelerate, the bike hesitates. then goes. I have the appropriate map from Brocks. I have tried cleaning with Seafoam like I've read on here. I'm using mid grade Shell gas like was suggested. But still it hesitates and just doesn't "purr" like I thought it would. Any suggestions that I can try before bringing it to someone?

I have the same setup on my 04, I have hesitation while rolling on the throttle below 3000 rpm. I have called my local tuner he believe it needs a dyno tune. I was thinking i should try seafoam just to make sure my fuel injectors aren't dirty. Its odd because brock's specifically tunes that the map so it runs properly I can't see it being that far off. I'll keep you posted with my issue.

Have you changed or checked the plugs ? Tps in the middle, tb's in sync. Check the easy stuff first.

With Seafoam it works best if you run through part of the tank with seafoam in it, then park the bike overnight or for a couple of days to let the seafoam soak in and break down the gunk in the injectors and fuel system. You'd be suprised what it will clean up if you give it some time to work :thumbsup:

Ok, so I ran 1 tank with it. Just driving normally. So should I fill up another tank. Put seafoam. Run through the tank and then leave it? Do I need to wait a few tanks before trying this or is it ok to try it now (it's only been 2 tanks since I put it in.)

I would also start with syncing the throttle bodies, particularly if this has never been done.

I was having the same issues, stalling when braking, added half a can of seafoam, raised the rpm to 1250 and working smooth during the last couple of days.
However, it cut off this morning, only once as opposed to every braking minute. I'm stumped.
Cleaned the fuel filter, plugs, air filter etc...:banghead:

Back