Help, will not start!

Mikelspower

Registered
My busa turns over, but will not start. I already pulled the plugs, check the fuse block and all the normal stuff. I don't have a owners manual so I'm out of ideas. Get any ideas?
Thanks

How cold is it. Water in gas frozen? Dunno, never heard of this problem...Take a extra spark plug laying on the valve cover---Got Spark? Hmmm---
rock.gif

here's a link to copy of the shop manual link, you need ADOBE reader and it's a big file so hope u have dsl or better.

If it cranks but will not start it is usually due to one of two problems....EIther no spark or no fuel....Pull the plug from the #1 cylinder then put the plug back into the wire and hold it next to an engine case to check for spark...If it sparks you should be good....re-install....

No fuel could be a fuel pump problem, the fuel filter could be clogged, or there may be a kinked line...check the fuse for the pump also...You should hear the pump running to build pressure as soon as the ignition key is kicked on....You may also want to look at the instrument cluster, if the FI light is on, it is a fuel injector problem....That is the only thing I can think of right now....and a good place to start....

If you are getting fuel with spark, it may be a timing problem....Good luck...

Back