2003 Busa will not start - advise please!

lt1cforce92

Registered
I changed out the oold spark plugs at 37K. Put eaverything back together, turned the key to on......and I got a check light on the display/dash. Read the service manual for no start conditions due to "Check" light and pushed the start switch and nothing happens. Check all fuses (all have continuity). Check the kick-stand kill switch (tried to start it with the kick-stand up, and in nuetral - no start). All lights come on, the turn signals, and the brake lights are operational.

Is there something that needs to be reset due to the fact that the gas tank was proped up for over an hour (full tank of gas). That shouldn't have anything to do with getting the "Check" light. I have gone through the harness for loose connections and not a problem. This should have been a no-brainer changing out the plugs. The bike has been starting with no problems. ANY SUGGESTIONS, NEED HELP!

Thank you,

Gregory

I would first jump around the side stand sensor and the the tip over sensor and see if that fixes your problem. The chec on the dash panel is a strong indicator that one of those 2 sensors are your problem.

By any chance, did you forget to plug the cam sensor back in?

Left side of the valve cover?

Sometimes my clutch position sensor on the lever is picky and I have to adjust the clutch out, but that's with aftermarket levers.

Is the fuel pump priming?

Hey, it was the clutch lever. I just got this 2003 Busa and have always been a ZX12r/zx14 owner, but always wanted to get a Busa in the stable. Decided to get a new clutch kit "Barnett", and have the valves checked too. What the deal with changing the plugs every 7500 miles. So far I like the fact that the Busa is way easier to gets to parts for maintenance. I like the frame wrapping around the engine and not over like the zx12r & zx14. I tell you sitting on the busa is like sitting on a sled (low to the ground) straight pimpin (LOL). I got the busa with the suspention lowered, and a TRE installed. WOW....no lag in throttle response (sweet). Well I am a person that keeps the maintenance up my bikes. Is the Busa a temperamental bike?

Thanks for all the support in advance,

Gregory

Back