02 busa starter upgrade question

Black falcon

Registered
Ok, sorry guys for beating a dead horse but I could use some specific info on what all I need to change my 02 starter set up to the longer,bigger 03-07 set up? ( I have the weak starter problem . I tested all electrics and all is spot on) so my question is..
Would I just need the ( starter, and covers ) or would I need the gears also. My reason for asking is some posts list just the starter and covers and others list the gears also. Thank you for your time and any help you could give me.

Ok, sorry guys for beating a dead horse but I could use some specific info on what all I need to change my 02 starter set up to the longer,bigger 03-07 set up? ( I have the weak starter problem . I tested all electrics and all is spot on) so my question is..
Would I just need the ( starter, and covers ) or would I need the gears also. My reason for asking is some posts list just the starter and covers and others list the gears also. Thank you for your time and any help you could give me.

Ive done this mod to my 2000 model, you need the whole lot, motor, covers,clutch & gears no way around it im afraid. Its all or nothing with this mod. On the upside no more kickbacks at all which I know crack the casing and then its an expensive repair. Hope this helps, Paul

Well, I got the gears, covers and the starter should be here in the next few days . So hopefully that should take care of my problem with starting the bike after I got her warmed up. Thanks man.

Back