Hayabusa gen 1 fullexhaust leak

nodnil

Registered
My hayabusa has been sounding like a lawn mower with the exhaust leeakge. how can i patch this exhaust? its a titanium exhaust and i tried welding it like a normal exhaust and it made it worst. please help

Titanium falls into a family of metals called reactive metals, which means that they have a strong affinity for oxygen. At room temperature, titanium reacts with oxygen to form titanium dioxide. This passive, impervious coating resists further interaction with the surrounding atmosphere, and it gives titanium its famous corrosion resistance. The oxide layer must be removed prior to welding because it melts at a much higher temperature than the base metal and because the oxide could enter the molten weld pool, create discontinuities and reduce weld integrity.

In english please lol, do i have to use a specific method to weld this? i just need to seal the hole. idc what method it is lol

In english please lol, do i have to use a specific method to weld this? i just need to seal the hole. idc what method it is lol
You can't do it, requires inert environment, 0 oxygen. How about and exhaust pipe patch. Never used one, so I don't know if they work.

Back