my last hope.......

bikerboy2182

Registered
so ever since i bought my bike ive had a sputter issue. in any gear or speed or any rpm it sputters or misfires. cant tell. ive changed everything back to stock. added and took off power commander. compression is good. fuel pressure is good. ive checked sensors. all good. airbox back to stock. ecu swapped from a know good ecu. throttle bodies sycned. what am i missing here???? dont know if it is a tune issue or something else. with the PC i can go rich or lean and it doesnt change the issue. me and my mechanics are lost. seafoamed too.

Have you checked your battery voltage? Hook up a multimeter and drive it around. I'll bet you are getting low voltage.

06 with 13000 miles. i can check the voltage but everything seems to be working ok. fuel pressure was good so i dont know if the filter is ok or not. havnt pulled the filter yet

i put new plugs in it so ill have to pull them again. but when i changed them it didnt seem like there was any difference. i guess i have a few things to check tomorrow

Do you have a or access to a Infrared Thermo Gun? If so I would get the bike up to normal operating temp and then do a temp reading on each of the cylinders on the header to see if you have one cylinder that is not firing right. All the cylinders should be with in around 10-20 degrees.

i dont have a temp gun anymore. wish i did. just pulled the plugs. all slightly rich but all the same and not wet. voltage was at 15v. i pulled injectors and rails and they had abit of junk in them. cleaned and didnt help.

Might sound silly, but maybe a coil going bad?

I was thinking either injector not working properly or failing coil. It may be a loose wire connection somewhere pinched/broken wire somewhere. You may want to check connections making sure they are tight and clean (including grounds).

no codes. just cleaned injectors. runs better but dont think it helped the miss. i think the last owner used this as a race bike so im getting a bad feeling about cam issues? everything sensor ha checked good. this is really weird

I bet you anything it's your fuel pump. I had the same issue with my bike and swapped out the fuel pump and its all good now.

Yeah. The pressure has nothing to do with it. It's wether or not the pump can keep up with the demand. My issues were as follows: sputtering and deceleration, at wot my bike would die, I couldn't accelerate and it would top off at 60mph and hesitate like hell. I'd have to keep reving it and it would come back alittle and then start hesitating.

my bike feels like its got tons of power. and dont ever hesitate. just misfires or sputters at any rpm. ill keep it in mind. i need to find someone around here to do some parts swapping i think

Back