need help! 2006 busa over heating!

justin1987

Registered
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and would like some help or anyone who's had similar problems with their busa. Last summer before I stored it I took it out for one last ride out of town and I noticed it was running hotter than normal. It was about in the red so I took it home and parked it. Noticed it was leaking out the radiator cap. Waited for it to cool and pulled the cap off and seen it had a little oil in radiator fluid and but no antifreeze in the oil sight glass. Any idea? When I start it and let it idle it will over heat but shut it off before it does.

Honestly sounds like a seeping head gasket...Early warning sign... try taking cap off and let it warm up naturally, watch and be sure water is circulating..report back

Thanks for the reply back I appreciate it. I'll try that tomorrow and see what it does. Any chance of any further damage to engine besides head gasket?

It does circulate cooling and fan does turn on. I'm thinking head gasket. Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate the help

Head Gasket Time for the 1441 or at least replace the head gasket. Maybe some pistons and cams :whistle:

Back