Not sure where to post ?

CoryMckinstry

Registered
Hi my name is Cory..I live in Avoca Ne. I have a 2002 and am the only sport bike owner in my area. My bike is having a bit of a problem with the light system. 2 yrs agoe my front right tern sig stoped working so I took it to starcity motersports. They said the bike has a light kit in it and I was losing conection. Cost little under 200 to fix it. Now the right front blinker is faster than normal and my tail running lights dont work. Both bulbs look ok but Maybe I should replace them both first and see.You guys hav any suggestions to what may be cousing it?

Sounds like your tail light bulb or bulbs are out. Replace them and all the bulbs should work normal. When ever there is a bulb burnt out, it decreases the resistance in the circuit and causes the other bulbs to flash faster. Welcome to the org. I would also check all grounds. If the tail light has been messed with, chances are you have a bad ground if the bulbs are good.

Hi my name is Cory..I live in Avoca Ne. I have a 2002 and am the only sport bike owner in my area. My bike is having a bit of a problem with the light system. 2 yrs agoe my front right tern sig stoped working so I took it to starcity motersports. They said the bike has a light kit in it and I was losing conection. Cost little under 200 to fix it. Now the right front blinker is faster than normal and my tail running lights dont work. Both bulbs look ok but Maybe I should replace them both first and see.You guys hav any suggestions to what may be cousing it?

If the right front turn signal is blinking to fast make sure the right rear is blinking also.

What do you mean by light kit? Did you mean an integrated taillight (where the turn signals and tail light are all in one)?

Make sure the bulbs are good.

Check the fuses.

Get a 12 volt test light and a wiring diagram and chase the problem down.

If you can't sort it out, you are only about 2 hours from me, so once the weather warms up I could make a road trip and sort it out for you.

O-yea :welcome: to a fellow Nebraska Busa rider.

Thanks FlatlandBusa, Ill get some balbs friday and doenload the service manual and see what I can figure out this weekend.Ill let ya know what I find.

Back