Promlems with 2nd gear?

nodnil

Registered
I have a problem shifting to 2nd gear. I basically have to kick it two or three times to go in on a bad day but sometimes it goes in and it stays in and rest of gears are good. i dont know what the problem is? idk if its transmission or i just need a new clutch

When clutches fail they slip, however you could have an adjustment issue that prevents the clutch from operating or with the shifter making it difficult to get her in second.

What year ? how many miles ? and how many miles have you put on the bike ? You have to kick these bikes into second gear at times but it sounds like you might have a problem.

Also if it's built and some one put heavy springs in the assembly you could have a cracked slave housing.

I just adjusted my '08 shifter and I am so happy with the way it shifts now.

It a 2007 hayabusa with abouth 4000 miles, not built. So you dont think its the transmission? how to adjust my shifter? do you think buying new clutch and springs with solve this?

the shift lever comes off u can adjust the angle that it sits, some people like it angled down some like it straight, when u do put it in second gear does it ever slip out or anything weird

no it doesnt slip out.when i shift to 2nd its like it dont want to go in and it make a clack clack clack noise.Once it goes in its rides smoothe.

Back