Help, Jerking in 2nd?

Geoff

Registered
Bought an 05 Busa and the bike seems to kinda jerk/jump out of gear only in 2nd. Kinda like it's popping in and out under WOT, it doesnt do it in any other gear. What would be causing this to happen?

Thanks, Geoff

Second gear dogs are rounded and/or you have a bent shifter fork/s. Need to tear down and repair/replace 2nd gear, undercut tranny, replace both shifter forks and put a set of APE tool steel shifter shafts for insurance.

check the sprockets and chain if they are good looks like 2nd is gone. But you could just skip to third if you need to commute with it till you can tear it apart.

Sound like its time to repair the transmission!

Second gear dogs are rounded and/or you have a bent shifter fork/s. Need to tear down and repair/replace 2nd gear, undercut tranny, replace both shifter forks and put a set of APE tool steel shifter shafts for insurance.

shift shafts are option dont have to change those but u will have to send out ur second gear to get undercut, 60$ just for the 2 gears or 300 to get ur whole transmission undercut

Exactly! That is what I just had done to my tranny, now shifts like butter! :))

Thanks guys! Is it easy to take it out your self? And how much is it to have it done? And does the engine have to be pulled or can it all be done without spliting the case to get access?

Thanks again, Geoff

I've heard a few say they can work shift forks without splitting the cases but I believe this repair will require it.

Motor has to come out, and the lower end must be opened!
Thanks guys! Is it easy to take it out your self? And how much is it to have it done? And does the engine have to be pulled or can it all be done without spliting the case to get access?

Thanks again, Geoff

Motor has to come out, and the lower end must be opened!

if u dont have a decent amount of sockets and a buddy to help i wouldnt advise u do it urself unless u have patience and a good understanding of motorcycles, i was able to do it myself u will have to have a socket that u can cut up to get the engine out or buy the special engine socket off ebay, other than that a car jack will also help to get the engine from the frame

Thanks guys, I bought the bike from the dealer and only put a 130 miles on it. the bike has 13,000 miles and had bought it on the 4th of February. So I took it back to them, talked to the owner and he said that he would look at it and take care of it. Let's see what happens now.

Back