Dumb ass assembly...

crusty369

Registered
Trying to put my new galfer set up on...apparently the hulk assembled my bike---chewing the hell out of this'd 8 mm fastener. Won't budge...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329547610.575177.jpg

Make sure to use a 6 point socket. Less chance of stripping the head on the bolt.

I feel for you! I'm rebuilding a '98 ZX9R (first real 9 second bike!) and it is amazing what 14 years and dissimilar metals can do to a bike! I've ended up replacing 50% of my fasteners . . .

I feel for you! I'm rebuilding a '98 ZX9R (first real 9 second bike!) and it is amazing what 14 years and dissimilar metals can do to a bike! I've ended up replacing 50% of my fasteners . . .

I love the ZX9, pics please.

I love the ZX9, pics please.

I would, but right now the frame, swing arm, and all the other bits are at the powder coater. I do have 2 engines setting in my garage alond with lots of other stuff . . . . even the suspension it off getting traxxion/ohlinized.

Found this blurry pick of when I brought her home.

zx9rblurryS.jpg

I'll be going back Lime Green, and I have a set of painted Green rims, and a set of chrome rims, both shod with Q2's 190/55's. I also have a new full set of sharkskins for her.

Found this blurry pick of when I brought her home.

zx9rblurryS.jpg

I'll be going back Lime Green, and I have a set of painted Green rims, and a set of chrome rims, both shod with Q2's 190/55's. I also have a new full set of sharkskins for her.

Oh yeah! I remember the days when unless you had a ZX11 or GSXR1100, nothing would touch the ZX9.
Still one of my all time favorites.
You need a thread on it when it gets back together, this may be Hayabusa.org, but there's alot of us here who like them all.:thumbsup:
Threadjack over Crusty.

Almost over . . . . my first new (and totaled :-( ) bike was a 94' ZX7R. I hit a barrier wall on it at a good clip. Lots of skin grafts and theropy. But, Damn I loved that bike. The only thing I wanted more was a 9. So, many years later here we go. It's amazing how many parts are still available for it. Nothing at all like the 'Busa, but still a nice selection. (although I'd love to find a carbon muzzy that was less that $600).

Almost over . . . . my first new (and totaled :-( ) bike was a 94' ZX7R. I hit a barrier wall on it at a good clip. Lots of skin grafts and theropy. But, Damn I loved that bike. The only thing I wanted more was a 9. So, many years later here we go. It's amazing how many parts are still available for it. Nothing at all like the 'Busa, but still a nice selection. (although I'd love to find a carbon muzzy that was less that $600).

I had a 94 ZX7!
A couple friends had the ZX9s too. I was working my way towards getting one until summer of 01.
What I thought at a glimpse blowing past me was an R1(never to be seen again), turned out to be what my friend said was the new gsxr1000. I knew I had to have one:laugh:, I bought a new 02 gsxr1000 in 02.
I would still love to have a ZX9 though, and I've seen a few go for great deals in the last couple years.
They are becoming harder to find in nice shape too.

My 94 '7 was the green/blue combo. I think the only mods I had were the corbin seat, igniton advance and hand grips. :laugh:

This 9 wasn't in nice shape, it ran nice once I cleaned the carbs, but it looked like it had driven on salty roads for 10 years. It was really bad. But, the perfect senario from a ground up rebuild. I remeber how excited I was to pick up my 'Busa after the turbo install . . . This build MIGHT equal that. She started as a track progect (explains the money I've spent on suspension) but I think I'm going to license her now, too.

My 94 '7 was the green/blue combo. I think the only mods I had were the corbin seat, igniton advance and hand grips. :laugh:

This 9 wasn't in nice shape, it ran nice once I cleaned the carbs, but it looked like it had driven on salty roads for 10 years. It was really bad. But, the perfect senario from a ground up rebuild. I remeber how excited I was to pick up my 'Busa after the turbo install . . . This build MIGHT equal that. She started as a track progect (explains the money I've spent on suspension) but I think I'm going to license her now, too.

Mine was black, and the mod list was excessive:laugh:
I need to scan some pics so I can post them at some point.

I'll track my build on my website, like I have with 'Busa. I'll let you know when I start getting pics up.

Vice grips....wunderbas..lol. Low grade fastener with a bevel....replaced it with an allen.
Thanks for the advice...

Back