Help TRE disconnected issue

Bocas del toro

Registered
Hi. Im new here to the forum. I hope somebodies had this issue and can save me some time. Ok 04 Busa 5k mi, full trs yosh, k$n air filter, tre, pcv. Ok so I am new to fuel injected bikes, and reading this forum I decided to disconnect the tre for a goal of curing slightly erratic idle, improved fuel economy and see if my bike clears up seems to run a little rich at idle. Other than that she runs tops. Scary good fast

So I disconnected the tre today. Ran like it was starving for fuel at low rpms after 6k or so it cleared up. Hooked tre back up ran fine. I disconnected it and it ran poorly again. I was just checking twice so I know its not a kinked fuel line or something. Definitely runs bad without tre. HELP if you can Thanks people

you have a pcv... did you have it tuned or just used a pre set map, if you had it tuned with the tre it could be the mapping is off because with the tre it always thinks its in a different gear... and could be running off a base map

you have a pcv... did you have it tuned or just used a pre set map, if you had it tuned with the tre it could be the mapping is off because with the tre it always thinks its in a different gear... and could be running off a base map

retune needed if you want to run sans tre...

Hi thanks. Ive only had the bike since the end of dec. It didnt come with the pcv. The pcv came from a company that also dyno tunes they send it out with a "custom" map based on mods. I didnt even know it had a tre til after I purchased the pcv I found it when installing the pcv. The map they sent I know wasnt best, need specific but ran great with the tre except kinda rich tell tales in the ex. tip and kinda erratic idle, stalls on occasion and then also climbs at times it did this before pcv too. Trying to avoid a tuner right now the economy has killed us carpenters. But if thats what I need wheres a good one in central valley of Ca? Is there any history of the TRE doing some damage? its an Ivans the original tre inventor supposedly. Thanks for the help I do appreciate it.

Oh one more bit. The guy I bought the bike from said he had the computer flashed but he had about 50 bikes in his garage and seemed a little whacky on info and he wont return my calls. So if it had the yosh box change or another flash im guessing this could compound my issues. Should I send the ecu off somewhere for a known starting point?

Oh one more bit. The guy I bought the bike from said he had the computer flashed but he had about 50 bikes in his garage and seemed a little whacky on info and he wont return my calls. So if it had the yosh box change or another flash im guessing this could compound my issues. Should I send the ecu off somewhere for a known starting point?

theres your problem he had the computer flashed and your running a pcv with a map, he probably had it flashed with a tune for the mods on it and the pcv is conflicting with the tune, i would return the pcv and have the ecu retuned with what you have on it

Remove the TRE and have your bike tuned. We all like the ECU editor here and I know not everyone has a dyno, SW and the interface. I would just download a baseline map to the PCV and leave the TRE off.

Remove the TRE and have your bike tuned. We all like the ECU editor here and I know not everyone has a dyno, SW and the interface. I would just download a baseline map to the PCV and leave the TRE off.

the ecu is already tuned so the pcv is going to be conflicting with the tune thats already on the ecu and be way off

Thanks for all the head scratching guys. So then if went to the zero map on the pcv it should be that I could remove the tre. Or if the ecu was flashed to work with tre then no right? Thinking that if the ecu was flashed the bike shouldnt have any conflicts between pcv map and ecu tune if on zero map. If I got the auto tune to go with the pcv that should work too? I tried running some other maps today but they would all need a custom one cuz it only clears up when I hook up the tre. The maps richer at low rpms definitely ran better so it is definitely hitting a lean spot without the tre. The bike dies at idle occasionally with or without the tre might be something else on that. Time will tell. Thanks for all the help.

take the pc and tre off the bike and see what happens. if the bike was tuned for the tre depending on which one, the pc will only have a map for fifth gear.

ecu flash doesnt always mean its been tuned. if he flashed the ecu why put a tre on? ???

i'd take pc and the tre off. then get it somewhere to be tuned with the pc or whatever your tuner will use.

Back