Front end judder on a GEN 2

hayadave

Registered
Hello again everyone,

I'm getting minor front end judder when braking at low speed from 20mph down to when I stop. Now I've checked the rotors with a DTI gauge and the wheel is also true and I've cleaned the whole brake system with brake cleaner(strip and rebuild). The head shock bearings seem to be all good,But the only thing I've changed is the front tyre does anyone think that this can be the fault the pressures are at spec.

Kind Regards, Dave.

How many miles are on the tire?
Any signs of cupping on the tire?

Sounds like the rotors are warped, how can you can check the complete rotor with the drilled vent holes not interfering with the gauge

Tires will usually "judder" when speeds reach around 50-65mph.
Does the "Judder" change frequency example.... braking at 75mph compared to braking at 25mph

Was this problem there before the new tires?

There is no judder from high speed down to like 20mph until comes nearly to a stop. And there was no problem before the new tyres.

Id say put the bike on stands. Take both front calipers off and spin the wheel. Check out the rotors.

Check the rotors are running dead central in the calipers , i once refitted the front wheel on my gen one and had a similar issue .
Turns out the right hand rotor was not running dead centre through the caliper so the outer pad was binding slightly causing the rotor to over heat . so it turned out the right hand fork leg had moved inwards on the wheel spindle if you like making the caliper run out of line , all it took to correct was to remove the right hand pads , slack off right hand spindle pinch bolts and pull out fork leg till rotor centre in caliper , retorque bolts .

not saying this is your problem but worth a look hope it makes some sort of sense

cheers Dale

It is most probably a balancing issue. Have the tyre balanced coz everything else you seemed to have checked. I would again take a closer look at those rotors though.

OK I've balanced the wheel again with different results this time and it seems to gone so hopefully that it sorted.
thanks a lot people your all so helpful.

Back