Recall

Rider1340

Registered
Question I have a 2009 busa customed out and they said that their was a recall on the rectifiers so I took mine in to powers port an Authorized dealer they said for them
To do the recall work.. Note to self... I never had Any problems with my bike prior to but I was taking it in so I wouldn't be stuck anywhere and kicking myself in the butt because I should've done it . Anyhow on the way to the shop the bike just cuts completely
Off in traffic while I'm driving I'm blowed don't know why it's a brand new bike meaning it had only 200 miles in it and zero when I bought it so I push it around the corner to the shop they change the rectifier
And said mine was bad.. Cool 1 week later the bike cuts off in traffic again on me this time with a box truck nearly taking me out from the back.i cut the bike off cut it back on it starts I take it to the shop no f1 light no blinking of mileage no issues running stron as always 2weeks I ride again BAM it does it again... Could anybody tell me why this is happening ? I had to tell you the whole story for you to understand sorry lol please some advice thanks

I think it's time that shop takes the time to look at items other than the rectifier to find "their" issue, or make it right another way.

this occurring with 200 miles on the bike it absolutely nuts~!~

Was the bike purchased new recently on closer to 2009?

You can search "rectifier" and you will find a bunch of posts (to include the actual bulletin with serial numbers) included. However, my 08 had zero problems, but I still had it changed when the recall came). 15 minutes easy peasy.

Sounds to me like maybe you have another issue. Check your kickstand switch it could be something as simple as that (and it will cut the bike OUT if in gear).

If it's under warranty take it in make them fix it. Tell them of your near death experiences and tell your in case of emergency person.

Do you have anything aftermarket on the bike? TRE, air shifter, power commander. Those have been known to cause some issues.

No one has mentioned the "Tip over" sensor. It is on the right side of the bike next to the rear brake master cylinder. Sometimes they come loose, and you need to ensure it is in the correct orientation, and securely fastened.

there is another recall on the bike related to the ignition switch lead wire routing. maybe you can have that checked out as well.

Back