trans work

roctman

Registered
to what extreme should you go on trans work is some of it overkill or not what will hold up on stage 1 turbo 270 hp some say just backcut ,some say bigger clips ,machine drum ,clearance gears differant thrust washers how far to go to have no trouble with trans thanks

A nice back cut trans with tool stee shift shafts will take you a long ways.

inspect the forks while its apart and if there is any signs of damage replace them now.

Carolina Cycle will do the machine work on the trans for -300

A nice back cut trans with tool stee shift shafts will take you a long ways.

inspect the forks while its apart and if there is any signs of damage replace them now.

Carolina Cycle will do the machine work on the trans for -300

Replace the stock output shaft with a heavy duty one while you are in there!:laugh:

Everyone has their opinion when to do the hd output shaft. ......

if your budget allows you to do it, then do it.

if not, then have the trans cut and put forks and shafts in it.

to what extreme should you go on trans work is some of it overkill or not what will hold up on stage 1 turbo 270 hp some say just backcut ,some say bigger clips ,machine drum ,clearance gears differant thrust washers how far to go to have no trouble with trans thanks

Everyone has their opinion when to do the hd output shaft. ......

if your budget allows you to do it, then do it.

if not, then have the trans cut and put forks and shafts in it.

blk02ws6: I wouldn't know how many turbo busas you have had your hands on, but I can say this - POWERHOUSE has done more than I can count, and that is what I am basing my opinion on. If roctman has any intentions on dragracing his bike at all - if he has any intentions on using it for anything other than a sport tourer, he should do the hd output shaft if he wants to "have no trouble" with his transmission. I have seen too many of them break to not recommend this strongly, even at the Stage One level . . . :poke:

like i said, everyone has different opinions. i've done my fair share of turbo, nitrous, and aspirated street and race bike.

for the sake of not having a debate in someone elses thread, i will just say we agree to disagree on what bikes need HD output shafts and what bikes dont. your experiences have led you to believe a stage 1 street bike needs one, and mine have led me the other direction. i'm fairly certain at this point the OP is more concerned about fixing whatever issue is preventing him from riding his bike anyway. :beerchug:

like i said, everyone has different opinions. i've done my fair share of turbo, nitrous, and aspirated street and race bike.

for the sake of not having a debate in someone elses thread, i will just say we agree to disagree on what bikes need HD output shafts and what bikes dont. your experiences have led you to believe a stage 1 street bike needs one, and mine have led me the other direction. i'm fairly certain at this point the OP is more concerned about fixing whatever issue is preventing him from riding his bike anyway. :beerchug:

I fail to see the debate you allude to. The stock output shaft is definately one of the weak links in the busa motor. R&D, Robinson Industries, Fast by Gast, etc., all agree that the stock output shaft should be replaced with a HD one. My own experiences have not "led me to believe", as you say. I have had to replace several that have broken flush with the crankcases on Stage One Turbo bikes that were ridden aggressively. When I go in to repair a transmission, my intention is to only do it once. If you do it right the first time, you will never have to go in the bottom end again for a tranny problem. That is why I recommend them.

So yes, let's agree to disagree, and leave it at that . . .:beerchug:

Back