Idle too low? K7 powers off after acceleration in gear...

Banger

Registered
Every time I go to ride the busa... I always let it idle for at least 2-3 minutes with the choke on FULL. After removing the choke, I will get on the bike to start on my way and without fail and the bike will power off when it starts to decelerate to come to a stop (stop sign, stoplight, etc.). I am trying to gather notes on when it's doing it, but it seems as though it doesn't matter if I'm holding in the clutch and downshifting to coast to a stop or if I leave it in 1st/2nd and just go from there. I can usually start the bike up with the electric start each time after it does it... but it's damn annoying to have your bike stall out like that every single time you go to ride it at first.

My assumption is that the idle is set too low and the engine isn't getting enough fuel upon deceleration or something??? There is still electrical power to the busa and the lights aren't flickering or anything like it's a low battery and the alternator just hasn't given the battery enough juice. That shouldn't have anything to do with the bike once it's in motion anyway though... right?

It's so random and weird.....

Start Bike >>> Let sit for 2-3 minutes >>> Go >>> Bike Dies.

Again, once I start it back up and get the engine turning a bit more it is just fine and doesn't die out at all. Maybe it's a temp thing? thoughts?

Before adjusting idle, might try the 1st ride, first few stops still having the choke in and see if she stays running. I'm thinking it will. What's your idle at both once you start it and once your up to temp? (if different)

Make sure you're around 1150 RPMs warm. Fast idle, no choke. Best of luck.

Before adjusting idle, might try the 1st ride, first few stops still having the choke in and see if she stays running. I'm thinking it will. What's your idle at both once you start it and once your up to temp? (if different)

I tried this the last time I rode, but I felt like a jackass n00b riding with the choke on for a little while.

When was the last basic tune up you've had? I'm thinking that may fix this. Plugs, air filter, fuel filter (and clean fuel system, some seafoam), pull injectors and carefully clean them out, maybe valve job depending on mileage, and anything else you can think of.

Again, what RPM are you idling at?

i would get the throttle bodies synced ,more than likely one or more are out of trim causing the stall when cold/warm ,

I was thinking that too if the basic stuff didn't fix it. I'd to throttle bodies before valve check/job.

I posted this same problem a few weeks ago. Sounds exactly like mine. Since a lot of people have this problem I wonder if there is a glitch in manufacturing or factory set-up. I did notice the other day my idle after warm-up was about 900 rpm and it doesn't happen with the fast idle on.:laugh:

randytelecaster said:
I posted this same problem a few weeks ago. Sounds exactly like mine. Since a lot of people have this problem I wonder if there is a glitch in manufacturing or factory set-up. I did notice the other day my idle after warm-up was about 900 rpm and it doesn't happen with the fast idle on.:laugh:

No glitch. Set your idle to 1100-1200 rpms and your issue will go away.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Back