clock stays on *gen 1*

AZIROC

Registered
so I fired up the bike today and it started normal. but then I saw my tach was at 2k rpms, and the rest of my gauges were not reading anything. the tach didn't move either. the clock stayed the same time on my ride to work, as did the milage. I turned the bike off and on a few times, took the key out/in, both the clock and od r still on. they r not back lite either. I'm sure I'm fine for work as it prob won't drain the battery, but any idea how to fix this? pull the fuse... disconnect the battery?

so I fired up the bike today and it started normal. but then I saw my tach was at 2k rpms, and the rest of my gauges were not reading anything. the tach didn't move either. the clock stayed the same time on my ride to work, as did the milage. I turned the bike off and on a few times, took the key out/in, both the clock and od r still on. they r not back lite either. I'm sure I'm fine for work as it prob won't drain the battery, but any idea how to fix this? pull the fuse... disconnect the battery?

Do you have HID lights?

You can try reseting the cluster.

uploadfromtaptalk1322249918309.jpg

Do you have HID lights?

its funny u ask that. my HID(low) went out last week. my high is fine, so ive just been blinding people on my way home from work (i only live 2 miles away). I ordered a new light/ballist, it just has not arrived yet.

Gotta love HIDs. Do the reset above and if all else fails disconnect the battery for 10 seconds.

its funny u ask that. my HID(low) went out last week. my high is fine, so ive just been blinding people on my way home from work (i only live 2 miles away). I ordered a new light/ballist, it just has not arrived yet.

You probably have your ballast wires running to close to your cluster and never noticed it ( because you don't use high beam that often). I would re-route your wires if it keeps up after the gauge reset....or wait till you get your new ballast. That way you don't have to take the nose cone off twice

Disconnect the hid that is not working, it's causing rf noise!

You probably have your ballast wires running to close to your cluster and never noticed it ( because you don't use high beam that often). I would re-route your wires if it keeps up after the gauge reset....or wait till you get your new ballast. That way you don't have to take the nose cone off twice

i'll double check but my ballast and wires r tucked by the right ram air duct. plus ive had this HID setup for an easy 4-5 years and never had this issue. I was going to clean up the wires though when i get the new 1 anyway, just dread taking the nose off. ill double check the wires though and see if they r to close and try the reset.
thanks!

I took the battery cables off the battery, waited about a minute, then reconnected them. problem went away (so far). thanks for the help!

I would reroute the hid anyway. When there is any cluster problems hid ballast is normally the culprit, hence why it was the first question asked. I too have had my hids for years and one day my gauge cluster went nuts. It turned out some wires had shifted. So rerouted them and haven't had) issues since.

tapatalk - on my HTC ERIS rooted with cyanogen mod 7

Back