Excess play in throttle on 09 busa

Matte_Black

Registered
Greetings,
How do i adjust my throttle it has excess play. if you can some pix would go a long way in helping.
thanks in advance

I don't have pics, but I think there is a thread with pics here somewhere.
Pull the rubber boots back from the cables behind the throttle and you'll see a black round plastic wheel on each(it has teeth for grip around the edge).
Turn each slowly while rocking the throttle back and forth(not twisting to actually start opening the throttle, but basically just feeling the slack each way before it engages).
You'll feel the slack get better or worse depending which way you turn. Not all of it will go away, but it will noticeably improve.
This is also very common, and as you'll see, very easy to fix.
Hope this helps.

Sixpack only one has an adjuster wheel on it. It's the one in front.
I dont see anything on secondary one?

05760868.jpg

I adjusted mine a long time ago, I could have sworn there where two:laugh:
My applogies Matte black.

Be sure not to overtighten or you might have a situation where the engine will rev up when making tight turns.

Not so critical at speed, but in slow speed parking lot maneuvers it could pose a problem.

Be sure not to overtighten or you might have a situation where the engine will rev up when making tight turns.

Not so critical at speed, but in slow speed parking lot maneuvers it could pose a problem.

Rusheriv when you say "Be sure not to overtighten" do you mean to avoid having zero play in the throttle or not to over tighten the adjuster nut(s)?

Thanks for the info

Rusheriv when you say "Be sure not to overtighten" do you mean to avoid having zero play in the throttle or not to over tighten the adjuster nut(s)?

Thanks for the info

Once you have adjusted the throttle cables to your liking, start the engine, at idle turn the bars to the steering stops both directions. If the engine idle speed increases with the bars against the stop you have the throttle cable to tight. Back the adjustment off until the engine idle speed remains at idle when the steering is turned to the stop. :beerchug:

Once you have adjusted the throttle cables to your liking, start the engine, at idle turn the bars to the steering stops both directions. If the engine idle speed increases with the bars against the stop you have the throttle cable to tight. Back the adjustment off until the engine idle speed remains at idle when the steering is turned to the stop. :beerchug:

Steven, Thank you

Back