idle problems

bigtwan25

Registered
ok i have 04 with hid set up about two wks ago i put true gel batt in after installing the batt bike ran perfect being that it getting cold here i added some Heet gas line anti freeze went for a ride about 300 miles and notice my idle which is normally about 1100k would jump to 18-1600k now with the bike in neautral if i pull the clutch lever in and hold it it drops back down to 1100k i let go of the clutch lever right back up to 18-1600k what would cause this to happen ? any suggestions would be helpful thks

I've heard of this before but don't remember the fix. Help will be along soon.

How many miles on your scooter?

ok i have 04 with hid set up about two wks ago i put true gel batt in after installing the batt bike ran perfect being that it getting cold here i added some Heet gas line anti freeze went for a ride about 300 miles and notice my idle which is normally about 1100k would jump to 18-1600k now with the bike in neautral if i pull the clutch lever in and hold it it drops back down to 1100k i let go of the clutch lever right back up to 18-1600k what would cause this to happen ? any suggestions would be helpful thks

Hey I had the same issue I ended up having to buy a new TPS sensor and get the throttle bodies synced, then I went with sea foam gas treatment. It went back to normal. Try to throw it into dealer mode there see if you get a -C00 if so your TPS is good if its the tac(-) isnt in the middle you have to adjust it or get it adjusted. I did a throttle body sync which i took it to the dealer for that i paid $60 to have it done. but the end result i used SEA FOAM and put it in the fuel tank and the with the oil try that also....

i follow you i just dont understand this part of what your trying to say---------->>>>It went back to normal. Try to throw it into dealer mode there see if you get a -C00 if so your TPS is good if its the tac(-) isnt in the middle you have to adjust it or get it adjusted.

TPS is what sends the signal to you injectors to open. I am not a mechanic but i was dealing with this issue for months so i hope the info helps. there is two star security screws that hold your tps and keeps it from moving out of position. once in dealer mode you can loosen them and slightly move the tps sensor back to the -C00 position then tighten screws back be sure not to torque you can mess the tps up so snug tight. example if u see the _C00 or the tac at the top of the C00 it needs to be adjusted back to -C00. you can search that on this forum by TPS adjustment. Get some SEA FOAM also add that too.

TBSync is where I was headed... That is definately something to have looked at.

Back