does busa have a fuse for the gas guage?? need a lil help

busagreg

Registered
ok so heres the deal

bought a busa and took it apart to have painted..since put back together the gas guage doesnt work..

the taillight was also replaced with a hot bodies integrated undertail..

havent torn into it yet but the first thing that came to my mind was if there was a fuse and maybe it got blown somehow while splicing the new tail and signals in?

so just curious if there is a gas guage fuse?

I'd bet money the tank didn't get plugged back in. Raise the tank and look for a loose wire coming off the bottom. The FI light is probably throwing a 92 code also....
To answer your question I don't think there is a dedicated fuse for the gas gauge.

"Doesn't work" covers a really broad range of issues... by doesn't work, do you mean that the guage doesn't register fuel at all, doesn't test when you turn the key doesn't drop the level as you burn gas? Mr. Brown brings up a very good point - lift the tank and see if the connection is loose or disconnected completely. But, if it is registering, but not correctly, there maybe something else going on with the level sensor.

thanks i took the tank off and it was plugged in already but i just kinda looked..ill take it back off and check for a crappy connection or short

the gas guage just reads empty..i filled it up completely and it was still bottomed out, but when i filled it up a min or so later the low fuel light went off but guage didnt move...

almost like the float is stuck

yeh it almost has to be...when i turn the bike on the guage jumps all the way to top and then says empty...so it obviously works its just getting a bad reading from the stuck float

Code 92 fuel-level

Since were on this subject! I bought my 99 busa only to find out someone swapped out the fuel tank to the next model up. The fuel-level doesn't work. It reads FULL. What would be my first step in solving this, being a different fuel tank I wasn't sure if that made a difference, it appears all wires are connected properly and nothing out of the sort. I do have the code 92 (Fuel-level)

does the fuel gauge cycle when first turned on? Could also be the pin on the gauge connector or broke needle

im gonna tear it down this weekend and check all connections...if that doesnt work ill just take the tank off and shake it

Back