Engine problems and strange noises, not clutch related

alexro

Registered
I have this second hand 2004 Hayabusa bike which I have intensively used in the past 9 month. In the past 9 month I covered 18500 of miles with it. I have Power Commander 3, K&N air filter, full race exhaust (Muzzi).

Right from the very beginning something went wrong. I wasn't able to check the oil level because it was impossible for me to see it while the bike was standing in the upright possition. The oil level became visible only when the bike was first leaning on the right hand side; after straighten it away I was able to check the oil.

Three months after I bought it while I was running at 110 miles/h (6200 miles) I've heard a loud noise followed by rear wheel becoming blocked. I managed to stop the bike and I noticed a hole on the lower side of the engine.

I replaced the former engine with another one build in 2002 but I started experiencing problems with it as well. Sometimes the engine is stuttering and strange noise can be heard while it is running. The noises are like knocks in the engine, or like the engine is running without oil which is not the case, like a metalic rumble. Also, I get high gas consumption with and without Power Commander, and the engine consume about 300 grams of oil every 1000 km.

My questions are:

- is the full race exhaust affecting the engine?

- is the Power Commander affecting the engine?

- at what mileage do I have to replace the engine chain? (not the transmission chain)

- why do you think it uses so much gas? my bike uses up to 10 litres of gas every 100 km while driving in the city and 6-7 while driving out of town.

- what is your revs range? how many miles do you cover in a year?

- has any of you have the problems I got using this bike? are there any other problems with it?

- what are the weaknesees of this bike if any? is there any problem if I use this bike intensively within and outside of city?

P.S. Sorry for my english, it's not my first language.

Back