what is that knocking at idle ???

bikerboy2182

Registered
its annoying not knowing and yes ive searched for answers but havnt figured it out. after i stop u can feel a knocking at idle. i think its clutch related?? is this normal or does anyone if theres a fix? this bike i have is my first busa and i have only had issue after issue. so now i dont know whats right or not on it.

Do a search a member had a similar issue and stated that some mystery friend had him look at his starter after he tore the entire top end down. Have no idea what the problem or fix was.

it gets worst after u come to a stop and put in neutral and let the clutch out. so i figured it might be clutch related. i might pull the clutch apart and look at it but not sure what to look for yet. somthing could be loose

Pull the clutch cover now and check the bolts, they had a tendency to back out.

well im gonna to a throttle body sync as soon as i find someone around here to do it. dont know how that make a knock but its on my list of things to do anyway. if i get time ill pull the side cover off tomorrow and check the bolts too.

gonna sound silly but what rpm does your bike idle at? Look closely. Have heard of similar knocks appering when idle slips down to 1200/1000 rpms. Adjust the idle screw and goes away. might be yours? Might not.....was mine and ended up as quick ass fix

i have played with the idle. it doesnt help. right now im at 1100. but higher its just a faster knock. ha. ill try to pull the clutch cover today some time to check one more thing

so i finally got my bike running perfect. most of my issues were fixed after i synced the throttle bodies. knock gone. crazy power now. instant and smooth power and idle. too bad im probaly done riding for the year. id like to see if i get some gas mileage back

I this bike a low milage one???? Mine did it too.....sound goes away with clutch pulled in.... T body sync can help too.....
After quite a few miles it get quieter.... 20 K say...it's prolly just the primary gears getting used to each other...hope it works out for ya.

all is well now. sync took car of my idle knock that i thought was clutch. running great and smooth now. time to tear it apart and paint her up for the winter

Back