I think I screwed something up....

LA Busa

Top 5 Femme Moto Finisher
Donating Member
Registered
2006 Busa, PCIII, daily driver.

Battery was getting old (it was the original) so I replaced it. Did not short anything out that I know of, just uscrewed the terminals to old one, slid in new one and tightened terminals back down. About the easiest thing in the world to do without jacking anything up right?

Engine turns over, fuel pump primes up, gauges dance, everything looks good but wont start. After letting off stater button, FI light flashes.

Figured I blew an ignition fuse, nope, both of them are intact. Replaced fuel fuse in panel, nope, not that.

In the shop manual it instructs one to install + terminal first when replacing battery, did I do that? No... So, what did I blow?

Does it turn over or nada after it primes?

Start with simplest things first. Make sure all connections are tight. Make sure all connections are made properly.
Posted from my dunce stool via Tapatalk

Vexxing!?!?! Tip over sensor perhaps. It sits in a bracket just infront of the seat if my memory serves correctly. I think the busa would behave as described if it got jostled. just a thought and best I can do at the moment...

I read that the 'tip over sensor' disables the fuel pump. Would it still whir when the key and kill switch is turned on the tip over sensor was somehow damaged during a battery replacement?

I dont know how to check it, nor do I know how to pull a code. I did a search on the code piece but the pics in the thread I found did not look like anything on my scoot. Dont want to go jumping wires and damage something else...

Good point on fuel pressure... But tip over sensor wouldn't be fried - just dislodged from bracket and dangling would have that effect. Really frying fuses does not seem likely if proper cables were attached to proper poles - I think only if the poles were reversed somehow. in most cars there is a fusible link that prevents damage if the poles are reversed.

The fuses are all fine, replaced the two (fuel and ignition) in the panel and the 30amp one under the under tail plastic looks and ohms checks to be fine.

No, the cables are not reversed, heck, the cables are not long enough to mess that up.

I am at a complete loss. I think I found the connector that one would 'jump' to pull a code but until I know for sure, I'll not be jumping anything seeing as I just killed Mr. Busa by doing nothing more than replacing the freaking battery....

Thanks for the thoughts though!

Copied from another thread. You already done the fuses so read the part about the relay.

Fuel pump has it's own fuse, as does the ignition if I remember right. Check your fuses. Also pull that relay and test it. Put 12v (connect wires from your battery + and - to each prong) and see if it clicks. If, after doing all combination of wires to prongs, no click, the relay is dead.

But the real trouble is finding what the hell caused the fuse or relay to blow. (if that's your problem)

Posted from my dunce stool via Tapatalk

Ok, I am OFFICIALLY THE DUMBEST HUMAN ON THE PLANET...

I did a search and found a guy on the R1 forum with the same problem I have.... And he... had the ground wire to the Power Commander hooked to the positive terminal of the battery.

And... so did I.

I am a knit wit (me and the R1 guy), we are up and running....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I asked my wife to delete this thread to save me some face, she refused, saying there will be another out there one day that can learn from my stupidity. So be it....

Randy, too bad i didn't answer the phone

LOL

Dont beat your self up too bad! LOL

I don't see you as being dumb Randy. You went out and fixed the problem. Not bad in my book.

Hmmm. Can't help but notice that you never called me... sniff...

Ok, I am OFFICIALLY THE DUMBEST HUMAN ON THE PLANET...

I did a search and found a guy on the R1 forum with the same problem I have.... And he... had the ground wire to the Power Commander hooked to the positive terminal of the battery.

And... so did I.

I am a knit wit (me and the R1 guy), we are up and running....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I asked my wife to delete this thread to save me some face, she refused, saying there will be another out there one day that can learn from my stupidity. So be it....
good 4 u. im glad u didnt delete cause ill b honest I didnt even think of that. I guess u just discovered a good kill switch 4 ur bike now.....:beerchug:

dont feel bad my friend...i just read this post...i too have done the same thing...it happens...maybe this would be a good pinned post?

Back