Bike turning off around 80mph

c0ke

Registered
well i was leaving the drag strip wednesday and on my way home i decided to take the interstate..i generally stay away from the interstate but it was cold and i wanted to get home

but around 80mph (90 on the dash, the speedos off)
it would randomly fall on its face..like the bike was turning off but since i was such a high speed it would turn right back on like it was push started..
i would let off the gas and go slower with no problems... any ideas?

its a 01 32k on dash 3k on motor

Ok I've also had this problem, there is a small rubber washer inside the external fuel pump that goes hard and brittle, change this and clean the fuel filter while you have the pump split, put it back together problem solved! Hope this helps cherers paul

I had a similar issue with my gixxer and it turned out to be the kick stand switch. My issue was the bike would loose electrical power for a split second at around 12K rpm. Was a random issue. The swithch was loose.

could also just be a dirty connector block that is cutting power when it hits a certain vibe at 80mph ?

check and clean all as it helps anyway with reliability

Turning off as in EVERYTHING, electronically turning off like the key was switched or turning off and the electronics stay on?

Need to know if it's electronic (probably easier fix), fuel, spark, etc.

its like the bike is shutting off but since im at a high speed it just re-starts...it dives hard and u can watch the rpms completely drop off then resume

and it only happens at a constant speed..can play all day full throttle at the strip

Back