Gen1 busa turns off while idleing but turns right back on

nabusa

Registered
So a friend of mine has a 2002 busa. Completely stock, his problem is while it is at idle whether it be from riding coming to a stop or just sitting in his driveway the bike turns off. It will start right up and stay on for like a minute and then turn off again.

But he can turn the bike on and ride with no issues but the second he comes to a stop and the bike idles it turns off. If you hold the rpms at about 2000-2500 rpms you can see it dip down to like 1000rpms(as if it is trying to turn off again) and go right back to 2000-2500rpms. I never seen that problem before. Also he has had 3 batteries in the last 2 months. He said they just die. Only thing he has done to the bike since it has started doing this is change the oil.

Bet it is idling about 800-900rpms???

Tell him to adjust the idle to about 1200 rpms and that will fix it.

Posted at 150 mph via Tapatalk

How many miles, might need to sync the TB's, I also agree with the idle first and foremost. Check that and see if it helps.

Download the service manual and start going through the electrical checks on the charging system, part of that is a drain test. If the voltage drops low enough the injectors won't fire. He might have something seriously discharging his battery.

Before I read your post I was gonna throw out the old kick stand safety switch.

It as 25,000miles on it. I'll check the voltage checks, he's not to handy when it comes to these things. I know either his battery is not charging fully or something is draining it. Maybe whatever it is, is also killing the motor for that moment.

Back