Ban-Hayabusa--CBR--ZX--YZF--etc-From-Roads-Now

buddha65281

Registered
OK, I know that this site is old but this ******* is a total idiot!!!! You guys have to check it out, if you haven't already. This Hal Licino is a total jerkoff! He basically is calling all Sport motorcylists Idiots and irresponsible.

Ban Hayabusa, CBR, ZX, YZF, etc. From Roads Now!

Just thought I would post this... it struck a nerve with me!

In the first place the NHTSA imposed speed limits back when they were truly meant to be observed. Now, they are merely used for financial purposes. Don't get me wrong, I believe in doing the speed limit and I also believe that there are times/places that warrant letting loose! We all know those places(local to each of us) and the police, local government and courts are changing the speed limits so that THEY can MAXUMIZE their monthly budgets. The original speed limits imposed were for REAL safety back then, now the local police, local courts and municipalities manipulate the speed limits to maximize their monthly income. It is NO LONGER about safety, it is now about PROFIT. The vehicles have become 100 times safer in the last 10-15 years, with crush zones, ABS, Air Bags, restraints... on and on.

So, lets be realistic... The speed limits imposed by LOCAL GOVERNMENTS is all about money and hurting everyone who drives a vehicle. You get a ticket, you plea it out, it gets reduced, the fine is the same but you still recieve the same points and have to pay all the court costs, fines and then you get told by the JUDGE(who by the way is doing crack in the back) "I better no see you in here again".

I truly believe that America is due for an INTERVENTION on behalf of the American people. The NTHSA should be in charge of ALL speed limits. No if ands or buts about it. This way, it is fair, the road is marked appropriately and people know the damn speed limit. Where my farm is in Ohio, ST. RT. 35 from Gallipolis, Ohio to Chillicothe, Ohio. The road speed changes constantly for absolutely ZERO reason. The Ohio State Patrol runs that road and pulls anyone over that is doing just a hair over. Hell, I have lived there for close to 15 years and I can't tell you the speed limit. It changes from 45, 55, 65 and then back down to 55 and 45. How the hell are you supposed to know the limits!

Anyway, enough venting.... just saw the article and the dude pissed me OFF! What a jerk face prick.

Buddha65281

P.s. I am 46, have 2 busas and love them, drive very carefully and have taken serveral MSF courses along with obtaining my European license I truly think this guy needs an attitude adjustment! Wish I was back there in the states so I could smack him up side the head....

I have ridden most of my life now, 28 years and I am 38.I see no difference in sportbikes to cruisers as far as being safe.It all depends on the maturity of the rider and the respect of the bike.I started out on liter bikes and see no big issue, but I was taught respect early on for sportbikes.I ride dirt as well.I have a wife, kids, house etc so I ride to have fun, clear my mind and just for the love of 2 wheels.I have no death wife and busa riders that I have met are all mature people that dont do acinine things.Dont get me wrong, I will take it 100 plus mph now amd then but its not on a crowded street with kids playing.I just dont know where he comes up with this crap.That survey is just another tactic to not insure motorcycles as well.

I have ridden most of my life now, 28 years and I am 38.I see no difference in sportbikes to cruisers as far as being safe.It all depends on the maturity of the rider and the respect of the bike.I started out on liter bikes and see no big issue, but I was taught respect early on for sportbikes.I ride dirt as well.I have a wife, kids, house etc so I ride to have fun, clear my mind and just for the love of 2 wheels.I have no death wife and busa riders that I have met are all mature people that dont do acinine things.Dont get me wrong, I will take it 100 plus mph now amd then but its not on a crowded street with kids playing.I just dont know where he comes up with this crap.That survey is just another tactic to not insure motorcycles as well.

I feel the same way- the older you get, the more wiser you become. Like karnage said- its the maturity level. I've taken a couple of falls but I can honestly admit they were my own faults and I have learned from them- hell- I learn something new everyday on the road. There are times when you go open throttle (10% of the time if you're lucky), and there's other times you can't & thats when maturity and experience comes into play- in a short but sweet version- COMMON SENSE! This may sound strange to some of you out there but when I find the time to open her up- my son pops up in my head and tells me "daddy-slow down..." Thats my angel right there

0320091720.jpg

Hall Licino is an old guy sitting in a closet writing all kinds of BS trying to generate traffick and income.
Don't waste your time with him.

I feel the same way- the older you get, the more wiser you become. Like karnage said- its the maturity level. I've taken a couple of falls but I can honestly admit they were my own faults and I have learned from them- hell- I learn something new everyday on the road. There are times when you go open throttle (10% of the time if you're lucky), and there's other times you can't & thats when maturity and experience comes into play- in a short but sweet version- COMMON SENSE! This may sound strange to some of you out there but when I find the time to open her up- my son pops up in my head and tells me "daddy-slow down..." Thats my angel right there

I agree Keatonbusa, Age = Wisdom. I personally have had 3 bad accidents.. I just finally learned how to drive...LOL. It is all about common sense and looking where you WANT to go not "target fixation". I won't lie, I used to look at the speedo when I drove. That was my problem, I never looked ahead or at least not far enough.. Boy, those days are over. Thank God. Oh, and it is always nice to have a "little" friend pop up and tell you to slow down... Love will keep you alive!

I got a kick out of Jellyrug (who i'd bet $1000 is the same Jellyrug on the .org) was having a little fun with the guy. The thing is, he's PARTLY right and we all know it....For the same reason there are responsible gun owners, and the nut in the other thread with the shotgun, same reason there are sober (and drunk) drivers. Everybody wants to regulate personal responsibility, but most people don't seem to want to ACCEPT personal responsibility. Yes, I at times ride pretty fast (not as fast as the OP and it's a wonder HE didn't kill himself or someone else) which COULD harm myself or someone else. Does this mean I shouldn't ride? Should the OP stop driving because the POTENTIAL exists for him to pull out in front of someone or have an accident that kills someone else? We all take a risk every day we step foot out of the bed, and we are responsible for any harm we create on any other person. Part of life unless you want to be bubble boy...

Hall Licino is an old guy sitting in a closet writing all kinds of BS trying to generate traffick and income.
Don't waste your time with him.

Don't you get a sense of deja vu with this guy:

Meaning people that are paid to be pissed off, or are blowhards, loud mouths, and the more pissed off they are about something the more attention they draw to themselves.

It's all hot air.

Guys like this are the reason why organizations like the Patriot Guard, ABATE & the AMA exist. To keep these wackos in check.

I got a kick out of Jellyrug (who i'd bet $1000 is the same Jellyrug on the .org) was having a little fun with the guy. The thing is, he's PARTLY right and we all know it....For the same reason there are responsible gun owners, and the nut in the other thread with the shotgun, same reason there are sober (and drunk) drivers. Everybody wants to regulate personal responsibility, but most people don't seem to want to ACCEPT personal responsibility. Yes, I at times ride pretty fast (not as fast as the OP and it's a wonder HE didn't kill himself or someone else) which COULD harm myself or someone else. Does this mean I shouldn't ride? Should the OP stop driving because the POTENTIAL exists for him to pull out in front of someone or have an accident that kills someone else? We all take a risk every day we step foot out of the bed, and we are responsible for any harm we create on any other person. Part of life unless you want to be bubble boy...

Hey skydivr, I am the original OP of this thread... I never mentioned that I drove fast.. where did you get your information? Just asking or maybe I did mention it... I don't remember. Curious, and I do believe that EVERYONE should be responsible and that there is a place and time for everything. If I didn't tell you that I have occasionally broken the law on my bike, I would be a liar! That is why I currently reside in Europe where if I get the urge to do 200 I can without question, hesitation or regret! The laws in the states are only being inforced to make a profit not for safety and I truly believe that! I believe it is time that the United States citizens wake up and demand changes. Just my .02 and I whole heartedly believe it.

Have a good day everyone...

Buddha65281

ps. Tim(Pashnit), thanks for all your help in the last couple of days on my order.. I can't wait to get my new Clearwater lights and the Tire pressure monitoring set... with my new Pure's I wanna keep track of the pressure. :-)

:rofl::thumbs:

"Hal Licino
My dear Jellyrug, you very likely do belong in jail. For a very long time. Far away from innocent bystanders who could be subjected to your wrath "should you go nuts."

:rofl:

:rofl::thumbs:

"Hal Licino
My dear Jellyrug, you very likely do belong in jail. For a very long time. Far away from innocent bystanders who could be subjected to your wrath "should you go nuts."

:rofl:

LOL, that was two years ago, I was sitting in the South Pacific with way too much time on my hands.

This was one of my posts back then:

Think I'll try my hand at poetry today:

"Once there was a fellar

Rode his motorcycle stellar

So fast, could be powered by a turbo propeller

His name was Licino

He was as hot as a Jalapeno

Riding Superbikes was so great

For his next ride he just could not wait

He then fell off real hard

Because his ass became big from eating too much lard

Hal Licino

Was no longer hot as a Jalapeno

Those times were then

Today he is the size of Big Ben

He yearns to ride a superbike real bad

Yet ass is too big and now he is real mad

From eating too much lard."

Hey skydivr, I am the original OP of this thread... I never mentioned that I drove fast.. where did you get your information? Just asking or maybe I did mention it... I don't remember. Curious, and I do believe that EVERYONE should be responsible and that there is a place and time for everything. If I didn't tell you that I have occasionally broken the law on my bike, I would be a liar! That is why I currently reside in Europe where if I get the urge to do 200 I can without question, hesitation or regret! The laws in the states are only being inforced to make a profit not for safety and I truly believe that! I believe it is time that the United States citizens wake up and demand changes. Just my .02 and I whole heartedly believe it.

Have a good day everyone...

Buddha65281

ps. Tim(Pashnit), thanks for all your help in the last couple of days on my order.. I can't wait to get my new Clearwater lights and the Tire pressure monitoring set... with my new Pure's I wanna keep track of the pressure. :-)

Buddha, I didn't mean the OP of THIS thread, I meant the original ranter (Licino); sorry that I wasn't clear. We sportbike riders DO SHARE in the perception, just not to the limits that the ranter was talking about. Remember, we still have a lot more wide open spaces with great roads and little population than in Europe.

Back