MAJOR PROBLEMS

BigDawg_03Busa

Registered
It started ~1week ago at about 9k rpm, sudden loss of power down to 7k. It would cont to jump back and forth as long as I stayed on the throttle. Violently enough that if I were turned or riding with right arm only it could lurch me off the bike.

Yesterday it began doing it at 3-4k rpm around town.

Has this happened to anyone else? What's the potential problem?

Check the fuel filter for starters.... Hopefully someone with more experience with the Busa will chime in here!!
smile.gif

I'M LEANING TOWARDS SOMETHING FUEL INJECTION/FILTER RELATED.

THANKS

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099684267 -->

What gear is it doing it in???Are you sure the rpm's are dropping that low???When you say stayed on the throttle...Did you mean wide open or that you held it at the same rpm???

Is it cutting down like you had turn off the bike and then picking up or simple slowly drop? (I had bike doing that, was the connector of the fuel pump getting intermittent, was completly cutting gaz for like 3 sec and then pick up... Vibration). If this is the problem it wont mather at what rpm you are and it wont do it all the time, just once in a while at any rpm..)

What gear is it doing it in???Are you sure the rpm's are dropping that low???When you say stayed on the throttle...Did you mean wide open or that you held it at the same rpm???
Usually in first or second, and when I mean I stay on it if I keep the throttle open at the same rpm it continues. I feel like if I kept rolling harder it would increase. If I roll off the throttle either it stops or the bike cuts off.

Is it cutting down like you had turn off the bike and then picking up or simple slowly drop? (I had bike doing that, was the connector of the fuel pump getting intermittent, was completly cutting gaz for like 3 sec and then pick up... Vibration). If this is the problem it wont mather at what rpm you are and it wont do it all the time, just once in a while at any rpm..)
It will do one of two things originally it was like I was grabbing a hand full of front brake and releasing it quickly (and repeating this rapidly in about 2-3 seconds). After I got enough balls not to just roll off the throttle, I started watching the rpms and once I was at 9k and there was a drop to 7k & back up to 9k (as long as I continued to maintain the open throttle) in a split second (serious rocking).

What began the other day is I would be in first gear at say 3k rpm and the needle would suddenly drop to 1k as if I shut the bike off. Sometimes it would return to 3k and sometimes it would just cut off. I went through this for ~10 miles on the way home, having to pull off the road 3x to restart the Busa.

if its not ur fuel filter. U can see about clutch slippage. Ive driven a tractor trailer that i could watch the rpm drop and raise and be alittle jerky. Replace the clutch in it and it fixed. But not sure if motorcycle will do the same thing when the clutch plates are worn out.

check the kickstand switch might have come loose somehow
that could cause it to do that
also i think there is a tip over switch somewhere

I was thinking maybe the tranny but doesn't sound like that...I agree with the others that it is electrical which equals less repair...I have no idea what may be the cause...You've had some work done on the bike and the problem has start since then...A good place to start would be to recheck the work and make sure everthing in connected...
evil.gif

Just a note, if it's the Tip Over Sensor you'll see the FI light turn on and a fault code C23 will be displayed. I also believe you would need to turn the ignition switch off and back on to reset the FI light and code.

If that's not happening I'd probably rule out the TO sensor and circuit.

Kickstand switch does sound VERY possible.

Back