Gen 1 Turns Over, Will Not Start

AugeredIn

Registered
Alright, I have to be missing something easy here. Have not been using this bike much but do start and run once a week. Last week battery was run down so stuck the charger/maintainer on it. Charged her up and she will turn over but will not fire. I have a USB power commander and LCD on this bike and I finally noticed they are not coming on. Looks like no power on the ignition side.

What could have happened in one week. What am I missing?

If it's turning over, then the battery should be fine. If it refuses to power up, check spark and fuel.

I'd pull the plugs and check them.

If it's been sitting a while, I'm going to guess fuel pump.

Battery is plenty strong as it turns motor over no problem. The problem is definitely on the fuel and spark side. The fuel pump is not priming and the power commander is not getting power. Is there a fuse on the ignition separate from starter?

Battery is plenty strong as it turns motor over no problem. The problem is definitely on the fuel and spark side. The fuel pump is not priming and the power commander is not getting power. Is there a fuse on the ignition separate from starter?

Yes. There are two fuses. A 30 amp going from the battery to the ignition switch and then a 10 amp from the ignition switch to turn signal/side stand relay.

Thanks Matt. Fuses are good. I would guess fuel pump too, but the whole no power to the PCIII is weird. I disconnected PCIII and still no start.

Anyone know where the fuel pump relay is? Anyone believe a bad fuel pump would keep the PCII from powering up?

Check ur fuses (front left side of the bike next to airduct), starter relay (left side just inside tailfairing outside the frame near battery) also check your starter switch housing I had this problem which cased the same symptoms I too have the LCD setup

could it be the tilt switch under the rear of the tank? as that would cut power to the pump and they do fail quite a lot.

check the power to that and clean any block connectors from the ignition side for corrosion etc the big yellow one at the left front side often causes probs on zooks.

Back