F-1 light came on

lilarmyguy77

Registered
Ok I was riding my 09 with less than 8000 miles on it. I hit a slight bump, then out of nowhere the F1 light starts flashing and the motor bogs way down. Like it didn’t want to accelerate. After about 2 minutes the motor kicked back in and rode home fine. So I limped it home, got it back to the house and cut it off. Let it sit for a min and turned it back on. No F1 light. WHAT GIVES, some please help.:banghead::please:

as above check the sensor connections and any other block connectors

if its like my old k1 1000 that was a dirty servo connection and once cleaned it never happened again.

i changed the plugs, it was due for it anyway. i also put the ecu back normal off the bazzaz box. rode it about 15 miles. gave me a lil blip at about 4000 rpm then smoothed right out. thanks guys.

Well changed the plugs it did it to me again. I think I might have a cloged injector or something. it only does it for a minute then clears right back up. I am at a loss on this one.

Hi Man, I had this problem and found out it was a loose connection in the engine cut switch. When the bike bounced over say a small bump. It blew the ignition fuse after a while and I traced it back to this handlebar switch. Hpoe this helps in some way. Regards Wackyman.

:thumbsup:Hey thanks alot man, I have solved the problem though(at least for now):please: I had a Bazzaz box on her. The last time it did it was on the freaking Highway and I had to stop kill the motor and away i went. The next day I went to the shop and asked a mech about it. He said Pull that POS bazzaz box off. So I did took it back to get the stored codes looked at here they are. P0201,P0202,P0203,P0204 and........P0110-H ALL INJECTOR RELATED. Once the box was off the bike has never riden better. I want to thank everyone for there help. troubleshooting can be an adventure if you let it:beerchug:

Hey, I have almost the same problem The bike was running ok and fine..no big bike dealer close to where i leave, so i took the bike to a shop that do work on big bike for a check up and oil change, they also change the Spark plug when they put it back together it wont hold idle..they disconnect one of the wire under the airbox now the FI lights is always on..any advice on what's causing it? Thank you very much..

Back