FI light just come on..?

Tomo

Registered
Changed nothing on the bike other than a full service and a clutch 500 miles ago and this morning I notice the FI light on when I get back from a 10 mile ride. Switch off and leave for 2 minutes, fire up and it's gone......

What might randomly cause that?? Was running fine with no obvious issues.

Ran her at Santa Pod strip last week and all was well.

Stock '99 with K&N air filter.

Would greatly appreciate any thoughts.....?

Could just be a random error. I wouldn't worry about it unless it continues to come on. If it does, then I'd do the dealer mode and see what the code is.

Thanks Matt, I won't get too stressy just yet then!

Just in case.... What's the dealer mode...?

Post #6 in the link. The fi light must be on for it to read any codes, otherwise you'll get C0https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/152882-f1-light-came-but-reset-after-cutting-igntion.html0, which means no codes. Key must be on, but bike doesn't have tobe running.

Thanks Matt, I won't get too stressy just yet then!

Just in case.... What's the dealer mode...?

You can use the link sixpack put up. Basically it just allows you to pull the code that the bike's throwing and then you can determine what the actual problem is.

Ok, just followed the link which is impressively clear and will take note for next time (hopefully there won't be one.....).

Pics are of a much later model - is the wiring/connector the same for early models?

Just one other thing....

Link suggests that the bike still needs to be running - can you just kill the motor with the kill switch but not turn the ignition off to retain the fault information???

I had to do it on my 07 GSXR 600 that I had due to the stupid SET valve that comes on them.

But I can't remember if I left the bike running or not. I think you should be able to leave it off. Either way, it wont hurt anything if you try it that way.

it needs ignition on for code and will only read engine issues if engine running i think

normally you switch the dealer mode on with engine running and the warning light on as that will then give a code

hth

Thanks all for the information. Will prepare a piece of wire for further investigations if the need arises....

Harness should be similar on a GenI. Just carry a wire with you in your tool kit and leave it running next time it happens. Take seat off and jump the connection as shown in the pics from other thread. As soon as you do that it will display the code.

Don't hit the kill switch. You might throw additional codes doing that. I think you have everything you need. Best of luck.

Back