08 clutch issue

thebiggripper

Registered
Have an 08 with 1400 miles. All services performed. Rode 50 miles last week. Washed it, put it in the garage,covered it. Today get it out to go for ride, crank it let it warm up for a minute or two as is my routine, straddle it and go to drop it in gear at idle and it ratchets in gear and goes dead. put in neutral restarts immediately and go to drop it in gear and same thing. At an idle when I pull the clutch lever in I can hear it engage and disengage. Have tried the adjustments on the lever to no avail. This has never happened before and am curious to know whether anyone else has had this experience and if so what did you do. Clutch reservoir is full and fluid is clear.

Lol, I should have listed in my commentary kickstand is up. I wish it was that simple, but by all means hit me up with other possibilities. I want it to be one of those homer simpson dooohh moments

Ok guys, a friend came over and bled the clutch and problem solved. Apparently it had an air bubble in it. I have never had the reservoir cover off and just wonder how air might have got in system.

Back