few assorted questions

phil823

Registered
had a few assorted question and wasn't overly sure where to post them as they vary in topics.

1. pertaining to plastics protection in the event of a stopped/slow speed incident. as far as i can tell, Race 905 armor (the single race rail) seem to be my best bet for protection. does anyone know of anywhere we can get a discount?

2. pertaining to integrated turn signal. how well do the EBay ones stack up. I'm trying to include the brightness and visibility during the day time in my conclusion. i see multiple sellers, but overall i see 2 designs. I'm looking at a smoked on. does anyone have any input?

3. after you chop your stock shovel. how is everyone securely using a bungee net on the rear? ATM I'm having to put the hooks around the pillion foot peg mount, the frankenbolts, and the turn signals to securely hold things. has anyone had issues with strapping down, or made some type of custom mount of hooks to latch onto?

4. (mods listed below in sig) i seem to be having some lower than expected MPG that i have noticed has dropped recently. still have black soot on the exhaust tip, at times i get a loud pop from the exhaust like a lean condition. my gauge has been indicating 24.4 or so no matter how i drive. this is down from about a month ago when i was getting in the lower 30's. is there any weird sensors that have a tendency to go bad and cause issues? i have brocks Map on the bike....so I'm at a bit of a loss.

BMC race filter 500 miles on it, brocks map, -1 front, brocks street smart exhaust. nothing changed from a month ago and now..

thank you for your consideration

Integrated turn signals, I've never seen a set that worked well in the sun light. Start using hand signals and mirrors. I always used the frankenstein bolts to secure items. Get a tune. Your bike is running rich from your description. The popping is unburned fuel. Make sure the pair valve was disconnected or removed. This can also cause the popping after adding an aftermarket exhaust.

pair valve.....CHECK. it was all removed by the PO. from the front of the engine and by the airbox.

yea a tune is needed. really would like an ECU tune and get rid of this damn PCIIIR....looking at the map on boostbysmith of my choices...they are limited (i live in central IL) and am not sure about those 2 chicago places. i was kinda thinking the same thing. i figure my MPG should be somewhere in lower 30's at least in town. mabey schnitz will have a sale sometime in the future like johnny does

hmm yea....i was kind of thinking that about the integrated. it appears ill have to be creative.

Back