Clutch/Tranny problem???? Any advice?

Rollin20z

Registered
08 gen 2 13k miles..........

Well, I guess I'll start out by saying it happened about a week ago. Was out for a little ride, grab some Hooters and then on the way home it seemed like the clutch just started slipping pretty suddenly. Starts out seems fine but when you get to giving it any throttle it just spins up the rpm's when no more forward momentum. When cold it acts just as a normal bike would,but as soon as it warms up here she goes slipping away.

Now before anyone says clutches, been there did it. That was the opinions I got and thought also, so I ordered new OEM Suzuki from Daniel(goldenchild) here on the board, plates friction and steel. Replaced them today,bleed the clutch with new fluid, new engine oil. Went to take it out this evening thinking I would go see how she feels now, got a mile or so down the road and I guess she got warmed up nicely and I took off from a light nothing stupid just normal riding and it started doing the exact same thing as before replacing the clutches.

Now my question is what the he ll can it be?? I mean it makes you believe everything is fine and just the clutches are slipping, shifts fine, no grabbing or anything out of the ordinary except for slipping. Could it be the pressure plate? Slave cylinder? Springs?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Bill

Unless the springs are broken, I would not expect that to be the issue,

Check the hub and the basket and make sure that there is not a groove or notch they are catching in that may keep the plates from contacting each other correctly

Have you made any modifications at all to the clutch set up? What is the thickness of your entire clutch pack?

Back