Upgrade from a 00 Busa ECM to new style

race24x

Registered
I need help identifying exactly what parts I need for the 32 bit upgrade. Has anyone done this and can you help me please? I see from other posts a stator is required but are we talking the cup part that moves or the winding part that is stationary? I need to change a couple of wires in the ECM plug and a ECM from what year bike will work. I am trying to do this upgrade so I can use a ECM reflash tool to reprogram my busa...

Stator rotor for sure, but I don't really remember what else. I swapped the entire harness from an 06 to match the new 05 or 06 ecu I put on my 99. I got newer throttle bodies to ease the wiring woes because the 00 and 01+ ones are different. You'll have to be creative on a couple of the connectors. Fuel pump one and fuel level gauge for sure. Maybe the fan connector gets changed too.

From what I read I thought I could've use the same harness just change some pinouts and by stator do you mean the cup part or the winding part.
Stator rotor for sure, but I don't really remember what else. I swapped the entire harness from an 06 to match the new 05 or 06 ecu I put on my 99. I got newer throttle bodies to ease the wiring woes because the 00 and 01+ ones are different. You'll have to be creative on a couple of the connectors. Fuel pump one and fuel level gauge for sure. Maybe the fan connector gets changed too.

Thank you man I posted over there. I hope this helps the surging I am sure being able to program the ECU will help some

Stator rotor, the outside piece, not the stator. ebay it and you'll see a pic. But watch buying one on there because some sellers don't know they are different and they'll say 99-2007, which is obviously isn't. There are some marks on the newer ones that are distinguishable from the others.

Back