99 busa will not start

busaboyyy2011

Registered
Hi guys,im stumped on this one. I was riding last night and all of a sudden my bike died. I thought maybe it was my tip over sensor because its killed my bike before,but i dont think thats it. The fuel pump is not kicking on at all,plus i dont hear the relay underseat clicking.Also on the top screen of my dash says check. I have all my dash lights,my battery is only a week old so i know its not that. Please guys any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes i did that last night.The first thing i checked was the tip over sensor.Ive even taken it apart to check it out.Just something i read from some posts made in the past.Then i checked my kickstand sensor,and it seems to be fine.I never checked the 30 amp fuse because,when it blows the bike has no power at all.I still have very good power,but no feul or ignition system.Im starting to narrow it down to the relay thats on the fuse box.What do you guys think,is it possible that it can shut down the bikes fuel and ignition system but still retain all other eletric components,such as dash lights,signal, head lamp,and all that good stuff?

Ship it to my addy, :laugh: might be the fuel pump or a wire issue if all fuses check good.

On the relay thats on the fuse box i found a burnt spot on the board inside the relay. Will that relay shut down the fuel and ignition system.

I just had the exact same problem about 2 months ago with my 2000 model, Im afraid youre symptoms are pointing straight to a burnt out fuel pump, Dont keep trying to start it, I made this mistake and in turn kept getting bickbacks from the starter and burnt it out, So I now have a new fuel pump and upgraded to a 2003 starting system, A VERY EXPENSIVE LESSON LEARNED!

Jq, everything from the starter motor to the starter clutch including the cover, the are some small cogs and a sprag in there as well, but its only an hour to replace the whole lotwell worth buying the whole kit, I've never had mine so sweet since I bought it, now it's perfect! Have a look on fleabay there are some good ones on there and dont exactly cost a mint to buy but the saving you make is worth it compared to the alternative and that's the engine casing

Fuel pump has it's own fuse, as does the ignition if I remember right. Check your fuses. Also pull that relay and test it. Put 12v (connect wires from your battery + and - to each prong) and see if it clicks. If, after doing all combination of wires to prongs, no click, the relay is dead.

But the real trouble is finding what the hell caused the fuse or relay to blow. (if that's your problem)

Hi Mate, Have a look at the ignition fuse,it should be in the seperate fuse box, I think under the cockpit cover left side. If this blows you will get CHECK and a flashing f1 light. All the best Wackyman. I think its ten amp and its marked ignition .

is the clutch lever going in far enough to open up the clutch and send an "ok" signal to click the starte relay.
This happened to me last week after messing with the dial on the lever...

Back