Busa fan not working need advice...

ej2006busa

Registered
Hi everyone, since I've gotten this bike (about 2 months) the fan hasn't been coming on. It has tried to overheat once at an intersection, after sitting for almost 10 min. in about 100 degree temps. But other than that one time it usually sits about 1/2 up the guage. Anyways yesterday I pulled it apart and hooked 12v to the fan it kicked right on. Today I checked to see if the control relay was working, as far as I can tell it is. The wire going to the fan has power, so the fuses seem to be good. So I'm down to the temp sensor, which if I'm correct since the temp gauge is working I would think that the temp sensor is also. Is that correct? Is there anything that I'm missing?? Thanks for any advice!

Pull the connector for the fan off of the temp sensor (upper left hand side of the radiator) and use a paper clip to bridge the female connector (the one attached to the wire) while the ignition is turned on. The fan should go on. You can always tape the paper clip in there if you want and let the fan run the whole time in order to ride the bike (not a long-term fix). If it doesn't, check the fuses. If ok, you probably need a new temp sensor. Also, check your radiator fluid level to make sure it is full. If the fluid is below the temp sensor the fan will not come on.

Hey man thanks for the link to the service manual that's awesome and should help out a lot. And I'm going to go try jumping the sensor now. Thanks for the replys guys!

Back