Another first Gen fuel pump fuse blowing thread....

jqram35

Registered
Well I read through about 19 pages of fuel pump threads last night and it would seem that the 1999 & 2000 Busa blowing the fuel pump fuse was a common issue. My question is this. Should I go with the factory replacement pump or an aftermarket set up with regulator. I am strictly concerned about longevity here. I have already replaced the filter and strainer which were not too dirty and put in a 15 amp fuse, so I am reasonably certain it is the fuel pump having issues. Even though the bike only has 6500 miles on her it is 11 years old. Any input would be appreciated. Tired of fixing this bike and want to ride it without worrying I'll be stranded. :banghead:

Get 02-11 fuel pump and tank mor pressure less room used Cheaper newer more reliable and pretty simple
To do 08 tank requires a mount bracket so make sure it comes on it if u get it

just the tank and pump? Do you need the throttle bodies and ECU? Have a PCIII already...I'd also had to get the tank painted.....

Nope just pump and either 07 tank which will register atleast 1/4 full if equipped with 08 pump when empty or 08 tank which works fine obv, also while 07 pump is older u can see how if might be more convenient to go with the 07 internal option instead of 08.

I went aftermarket and love it. You can also adjust the pressure now which is nice if you ever want to go turbo. Search my name and it'll come up a lot. Kept my tank, gauge works, everything new and under about $230

$300 is ridiculous....
745d3f23.jpg

d176867a.jpg

8fc4cb30.jpg

b91b7462.jpg

d7bfb604.jpg

Insulated pump with cool tape. Hopefully this will keep my new pump going a while. Cool tape is a nice product and it was available at ORiellys Auto.

4bcaf11f.jpg

55cab299.jpg

Back