Battery not charging & overheating

Vnaik

Registered
Hey Guys,

First off thanks for all the input in advance......My bike is a 2004 Ltd busa

Battery:
I purchased a brand new battery about three months ago and its already been dying on me....i have put it on tender couple of times to make sure its fully chagred ......i had to change the regulator rectifier about 6 months ago i went with after market ones from RM stator.I am not sure the problem is the battery i checked the voltage this morning and it was sitting at 12.53 its on the tender now. Can some one please guide me how to check the voltage on the stator/Rectifier/Starter.

Overheating:
is going to be dealt with in the following manner:

Hayabusa coolant system service

Cheers V

As i am currently unemployed expensive mods are totally out of the question......beggars cant be choosers just busa riders.....:moon:

The downloadable manuals will give very simple directions for checking the system.

Thank you guys for the help....ok so i ran some test on the battery when its charging its 13.50 when i plug it in to the bike and get it going for about 5 minutes the battery reads 12.65 if i rev and hold at 5000 its still at 12.65 i will do the test as per the link provided by "1ibandit".......i replaced the Regulator Rectifier about 6 months ago with an aftermarket one from RMStators in canada..........i suspect the stator is gone.................thoughts.....

Didn't look , but I think you're low at 5K RPMs. That could be the stator or the regulator. There should be simple test to determine where the problem lies.

Any suggestion on where to buy after market ones? Or should i go with OEM - RR OEM is going for $259.99/ Stator i suspect is around $500.00

Ok so here is what i found doing step 2 on page one of the below mentioned chart.

http://stsamuel.tripod.com/voltage_reg_trouble_shooting.pdf

When letting the engine idle: Connecting black mm lead to Battery + and connecting the red lead to the RR red wire it reads -.2 on the harness side and -.3 on the RR side.

When letting the engine idle: connecting red mm lead to Battery - 7 connecting the black to black on RR-.6 on both sides

this is kinda of messed up as i am not sure if i am doing some thing wrong or the info on the sheet is suspect should i be getting a negative read on the mul;timeter set at 20 ?????? i am going to change all of the fuses on the bike as a precaution as these are relatively cheap to do....i am not electrically inclined maybe i am doing some thing wrong......inputs please.....thanks in advance for all your help....

Cheers V

The negative is from the leads being backwards.Red lead goes to batt+ and black goes to batt-.Should read around 13.6 at idle.I know these have issues with the plugs for the rectifier.I used dialectric grease when I put mine back together.

Thanks "Karnage" will clean and change the fuses..updates to follow.......any other ideas or thought welcome....

It was my Regulator Rectifier.....Please do not Buy Junk from Rm Stator i purchased this RR about 6 months ago and my bike has had issues since then.......

I bought one from RM stator and they are actually really good.Havent had one issue with mine in 4-5 months.Your connections were probably bad.That is a common spot to go bad is between the bike harness and regulator.I used dielectric grease on the spades to keep the heat to a minimal.Not saying the R&R was bad because you can get a bad one from anywhere especially factory.I have found more bad factory electronics from japan from cold solder joints than anything else.

Back