Broke it b

gloryboys

Donating Member
Registered
Ok guys and girls, I posted something about this else where on then site, looking here for some help. The Gen 2 I have today died whilst riding it. Turned out it's killing ignition fuses. I had national recovery guy out to it but he couldn't find the problem so it was a tow truck ride for me and the bike. Any ideas so I can give the dealership mechanic a starting point when they come get it. Thanks for any and all info.

Didn't know there was an ignition switch recall, will look into it thanks. Mods are gps and heated grips is all.

You've got the recall which is a definite culprit and then look at the mods. But I seriously doubt they would cause this, but it's easy to eliminate them and see if the problem goes away. Check out the recall first.

You've got the recall which is a definite culprit and then look at the mods. But I seriously doubt they would cause this, but it's easy to eliminate them and see if the problem goes away. Check out the recall first.

I've checked the Government agency that deal with this and your right my VIN No. does fall into the ones that need looking at, so I'll ask the mechanic if he did a re-routing some time earlier if not then it's a place to start thanks.

From what I have read on the recall, if the recall was done they are suppose to put a notch on the neck or something?

Well guys I got the call today to tell me it's fixed. After a few days looking for the problem the dealer mechanic found that the wiring loom that goes to the Lambda sensor and a wire was rubbing against a clip near the clutch and shorting out so all done now and serviced to boot as he had it stripped thought might as well get it done.

Back