busa oil problem

kj217

Registered
I have a 04 busa with 16k miles,, brocks sidewinder,, bmc filter,, PCIII,, ignition module and quick shifter,,
Its been 2k miles since last oil change,, i used 10W40 synthetic,,
the problem is when i went for an oil change,, the bike drained no more than a bottle of oil,, is that normal??
I didn't even get oil light on,,
Posted via Mobile Device

I always get back what I put it. 36K miles on the '06 and 23K miles on the '08. The filter will hold a little oil, but you should be getting at least 3 quarts or more out of that puppy.

What oil? How often you change oil?
I always get back what I put it. 36K miles on the '06 and 23K miles on the '08. The filter will hold a little oil, but you should be getting at least 3 quarts or more out of that puppy.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've owned two Busa's, an '06 and my '08. I've always used the Zuki 10W40 and Zuki filter. I change my oil and filter every 4K. I ride hard, but I don't drag.

Dude, who did the oil change before? a leak that bad is pretty noticeable, I'll bet you that the person who did it before had no idea what he was doing or the dealer is trying to pull some bull on you., but take the fairings off and inspect for any wet spots in the engine or crankcase, and do the oil change yourself...

a dealer did that oil change,,
no oil leak drops on garage floor,, and seepage can't leak 2 bottles,,
do busas consume oil if raced a lot,, do the ones with sidewinders consume more?
Posted via Mobile Device

a dealer did that oil change,,
no oil leak drops on garage floor,, and seepage can't leak 2 bottles,,
do busas consume oil if raced a lot,, do the ones with sidewinders consume more?
Posted via Mobile Device

Its not on the side stand is it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If its consuming oil its because you have internal motor issues, not because of a pipe.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Kj As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم)

If your bike lost two quarts or more of oil in just a few thousand miles it's either leaking out somewhere you haven't found yet or burning it off. If it was burning it off you would most likely have smelt it. Either way IT'S NOT NORMAL and something is wrong. Don't rely on a low oil sensor to save you and your engine. Stop riding it and figure it out either by taking it back to the dealer there in Jeddah or do some poking yourself. Is the drain plug and area around it dry? Are you sure the person who changed it last put the correct amount of oil in it? Maybe the mechanic messed up and only put one quart in to begin with?

You would notice that type of leak on the floor. I'm really surprised you haven't done some damage running with just 1 quart. How often do you check the sight glass for oil level ?

If I understand correctly they just changed the oil. Check to make sure it's somewhere near full in the sight glass and check it before and after every ride. That thing would have to look like a two cycle burning a quart every 1000 miles.

Keep us up to date.

وعليكم السلام
I called the tech and he confirmed he put 3 quarts in there,, he also confirmed that the bike drained enough oil that time,, the are is a bet wet,, but 2 quarts?
Kj As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم)

If your bike lost two quarts or more of oil in just a few thousand miles it's either leaking out somewhere you haven't found yet or burning it off. If it was burning it off you would most likely have smelt it. Either way IT'S NOT NORMAL and something is wrong. Don't rely on a low oil sensor to save you and your engine. Stop riding it and figure it out either by taking it back to the dealer there in Jeddah or do some poking yourself. Is the drain plug and area around it dry? Are you sure the person who changed it last put the correct amount of oil in it? Maybe the mechanic messed up and only put one quart in to begin with?
Posted via Mobile Device

The sight glass is not clear enough in my bike for an unknown reason,, thats why i watched the oil light instead,,
I will give it sometime and let you know,,
You would notice that type of leak on the floor. I'm really surprised you haven't done some damage running with just 1 quart. How often do you check the sight glass for oil level ?

If I understand correctly they just changed the oil. Check to make sure it's somewhere near full in the sight glass and check it before and after every ride. That thing would have to look like a two cycle burning a quart every 1000 miles.

Keep us up to date.
Posted via Mobile Device

perhaps a combination of issues...I had to change my oil multiple times after putting in a new cam and tuning, so I took the liberty of testing the oil difference when a freshly drained bike is filled and filter changed but the bike is not started to let the filter soak up oil and distribute oil to the case. Turns out it's quite a lot, almost a 1/4 quart of oil from that alone.

something to give a thought to, but mostly just thought i'd share.

an update,, i changed oil and filter last week,, raced the bike for 3 nights,, 1/2 quart was gone!!
no drops on floor,, no smoke,, no smell,, nothing,, the bike rides great,,

i am so confused,,

an update,, i changed oil and filter last week,, raced the bike for 3 nights,, 1/2 quart was gone!!
no drops on floor,, no smoke,, no smell,, nothing,, the bike rides great,,

i am so confused,,

well as you live in Saudi you have plenty of oil so no problem.:laugh:

on a serious note when you did the oil and filter did you run the engine for a few seconds and then recheck the level ?

my 04 needed an oil seal in the water pump but that was just an ooze and not like oil loss you describing !!

have you looked at your plugs are thet oily ? are the exhaust's grey or oily at the cans outlet?

im more in favor of semi syth oil but that's not the reason your bikes losing oil.

Back