05 busa issues, clunking noise

pimpinphil

Registered
i had first noticed this about a month ago,when i was "yielding" through a stop sign,and right when i would start back on the throttle,it sounds like a broken tooth on the sprocket or something to that nature,and that was the only time i would hear it,everything seems to be running and working as it should.
and then tonight i was pulling up to the gas station,and the with the bike in netural,no clutch,a quick hit of the throttle,you can hear the same thing,however if i pull the clutch lever in,and do the same rev. no noise at all. the clutch seems to work just fine.
anyone have any ideas??? its been a little while since my last oil change,and the last one i did i used full synthetic suzuki brand.it has about 3000 miles on it. thanks for any help

Make sure you've got a good fill on oil, but it was sounding like a frozen link on the chain. Still might be. Have you cleaned and lubed the chain lately ?

Pull the clutch cover and check the bolts on the clutch. I had a friend with the same problem on a Gen I and the bolts on the clutch came loose and he had a spring bouncing around and a couple of bolts loose and hitting the inside of the cover
Posted via Mobile Device

i have just oiled the chain about 3 weeks ago...and i had thought maybe the chain being tweeked a little,i looked at the chain as i revved it,and it stays pretty well un moved....

is there any write ups on the removal of the clutch cover? i have done it on other atvs,and such,i just dont want to mess anything up. and is there anything i need,ie gaskets,and ill change the oil at the same time i guess.. thanks

If you don't have a copy of the service manual you can download it here. Just do a search and you should find a thread that gives a link. It's a fairly easy job. You may loose some oil but not much. I can usually remove the cover without damaging the gaskets so I just reuse it. It takes an 8 mm socket to remove the cover screws.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back