will not crank

jagueri

Registered
will crank for a second when i pour a little fuel directly in throttle bodies. i dont think fuel is coming out of injectors. injectors and pump have been taken off bike and they work. fuel flows out of both lines from tank when taken off pump. i have checked all this off the bike and my question is there a way you can discoonect some lines and see if fuel is coming out without blowing myself up or catching on fire?

Good luck...hopefully you will get the correct response soon...I wish I could help you more

will crank for a second when i pour a little fuel directly in throttle bodies. i dont think fuel is coming out of injectors. injectors and pump have been taken off bike and they work. fuel flows out of both lines from tank when taken off pump. i have checked all this off the bike and my question is there a way you can discoonect some lines and see if fuel is coming out without blowing myself up or catching on fire?

Do you mean it'll "fire" or start for a second when you pour fuel down the TB's? The bike should try to "crank" regardless of fuel.

Sounds like either the pump or the injectors aren't getting power. buy a volt meter, set it to 20v, see what voltage you're getting at the pump and at each injector. (remove the plug, hook up the grnd on the volt meter to the neg. side of your battery, and the positive to the 12v wire on each injector and at the fuel pump.)

When you took the pump and injectors off, how did you verify that they "work"?

Back