Hayabusa will crank but not turn over due to no sparks

Lord T

Registered
I have a 2005 hayabusa that was recently dropped on the left side... The stor cover had to be replaced,and the turn signal relay had to be replaced. I also had to bypass the kickstand switch and the clutch switch( u normally pull in the clutch to start the Bike I bypassed so I only push the button to start). When I turn the key all light on the dash panels that are suppose to ne on are running, the gauges go all the way up and return back to their standard position and you can hear the fuel pump engage.. I then push the start and you can hear the engine cranking tryin to start but it doesn't... The starter is working just fine the tip over sensor is not the proem nor is the kill switch or any other simple solution. I van smell the gas and their is air but when I took the spark plugs out none of them gave of a spark so I changed plugs and still the same result. I then checked the voltage on all the wires and they all measure at 12v.... Has anyone had this problem and no why there's are no sparks from any of the 4 plugs

Assuming there was no pre-existing problem with ignition prior to the drop - I know you say it isn't anything simple but typically of course it is!

Are you positive that in bypassing the safety features that stop the bike being started in gear etc (maybe not a good long term solution...), that juice to the plugs has been cut off still.....?

That would be my first thought before moving on to more serious issues.

How did you eliminate the tip over switch? If it was working before the tip over but not after, that would be the first thing I looked at.

Thinking tip over, you might have chewed that wire harness a bit as well. Best of luck.

Bypassing would not be an accurate word wat I truly did was just connect wires that would normally connect any way which ate the kickstand switch and the clutch..... I may be wrong buy I ruled out the tip ober sensor because the bike will crank buy it's just creating to spark to turn ober if it was the tos I don't think it would crank at all... Am I not correct ?

What is the voltage at the battery while cranking??

If it drops under 12, the coils will NOT fire!

I charged the battery 3 days ago and wen ibchecked the voltage did not drop below 12 while cranking

I have also taken the tip ober switch off and apart and tested it... It reads out 61.7 ohms which is within range so I don't think that's the problem.
Does anyone know where the crank sensor is and iys voltage?

Follow the wires coming from stator cover...prop the tank....there is a 2 prone connector with +green, --white wires, use a Multimeter DC range crank the engine, you should get
3V peak voltage, you can check the peak ignition voltage but is a little more complicated...keep us posted...

I tested it by connecting the neg Sid of meter to neg side of battery and positive side to green wire and cranked

You said you smelled gas, but do you hear the pump turning on?

How did you verify that the plugs weren't firing?

Sounds like one of your "bypasses" is mis-wired.

Y'a the pump cuts on and I took the plugs out and grounded them to engine n cranked no spark... And it's not the wiring bypasses I did da same bypases to another 05 busa yesterday n it started

Back