replace fuel pump 1999 busa

lauris

Registered
hey all, have spent an hour or so, reading all the old threads on fuel pump replacement, mine is knackered or so i am told, its not giving the correct pressure - has been cleaned, injectors cleaned etc, but they have had it on a guage and its seemingly not delivering at high revs, a new pump which is out of stock everywhere in the uk, is £440, F****** H***

it would appear I can buy a waldco pump, for about £70 per the threads here, but i think i need a seperate pressure regulator,

is there anyone on here that has actually done this mod on a 1999 busa and can tell me what parts i need to buy and how it is connected up,

many thanks
scott.

Check out my past threads for more info, because I've done this exact mod on my 99.

Walbro 255
Aeromotive 13129 Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Oil filed fuel pressure gauge, mounted mine on the dash ram.
Inline fuel filter that can handle over 43 psi (pretty easy to find, I think mine is rated up to 200psi and was like $5)
However many feet of FUEL INJECTION hose, not just "fuel line". That stuff is for low pressure carburetor stuff. I think I used mostly 5/16ths and one coming off the tank was 3/4ths, feed line I think.
Lots of clamps.

Brass or AN fittings (preferably AN if you have a local place) that will all work. I think the pump came with two straight ones, but I switched to 90 degree ones for my setup.

My setup:
Tank -> filter -> pump -> FPR -> from FPR there are two outlets, one to fuel rail, other to return on the tank. I capped the vacuum line on the FPR. Some people like the filter after the pump for more consistency, but I don't want stuff getting into a brand new pump and I haven't had a problem yet, even drag racing it.

You'll probably want a dyno tune after to make sure you a/f is okay. Tiny twists of the FPR can make huge changes to a/f, and you don't want to be riding around lean, especially in the summer. I'll take pics if you want/need. :beerchug:

I have a complete 99-00 take off uniit removed from pretty much a new busa.

Back