right fork leaking!!!

BA07

Registered
hey guys. i have a stock '07 and i m going to the track in 2 weeks to see what kind of number i can put down.

lately i have been practicing my launching but the other day i launched a little too hard a came up to 12 oclock and slammed down pretty hard.

after that i checked out the front of the bike to make sure i didnt blow anything out and everything seemed fine. but 2 days later i checked again and i see that the right shock is leaking a little oil. :(

i was wondering if this is something that can be over look for the rest of the riding season or is it something that should be taken care of right away.

and i ride this bike everyday so i dont now how much of a problem this can be. im hoping not to bad. :please:

You should replace both fork seals as soon as possible. Better safe than sorry. It's an easy job if you have the right tools.

If it's leaking out and puddleing on the floor the fluid can blow on to your brakes when riding. I've ridden them leaking for a long time without inccident, but something that should be fixed as soon as you can. Change both sides together too, even if only one side is leaking.
If you have a front forklift stand and an impact wrench(or access to one)the fork seals can be changed easily with a few simple tools. There's also some "how to" threads here if you've never changed them before.
And:welcome:everything you need to know is here somewhere.

Back