Busa problem !

Stardust83

Registered
Hi all, recently when i tried to accelerate my busa, something strange happened. When the speed hit ard 160km/hr the bike behave as though it had power cut ! It will jerk and slow down for awhile before going again and once it hit 160 again, the same thing happen.

It already happens several times. Anyone knows what's wrong ?

Check your battery connections they may be loose. Have you had/done any work or service to it recently?
Fuel line/delivery would be where I would check next.

You know, my bike started doing this and I changed out the fuel
Pump and rode it like hell and it went away. Since then, I've seen more than 5 people post up a out the same problem. I think we ought to all get together and contact Suzuki because this just seems alittle too coincidental.

I am having the same issues I am taking mine into the shop next week to get the valves adjusted and the throttle bodies synced I will post up if that clears the hesitation out.

The gear question is a good one. Is the idle adjusted correctly ? Low idle can cause an early restriction / limit.

I am having the same issues I am taking mine into the shop next week to get the valves adjusted and the throttle bodies synced I will post up if that clears the hesitation out.

if you are taking to the shop for that work ,get them to check your fuel pressure as well. your pump may be on the way out or filters restricted. i re-read thread and could no see if gen I or II. iv read gen I have issues with internal filters being pluged.peaple have just removed them and add a external fuel filter instead

I definitely will have them check the fuel filter. Is the filter easy to replace its on my 2000. I have my idle set at 1,150 a little lower. But I actually used the choke to warm the bike up today and she didnt have any issues I think the valve because once that metal heats up it expands we'll see. Thank for the advice expat1970.

This morning i've encountered the same problem again. Could it be the injectors problem ? Will definitely get the fuel pump check though..

When mine did that it was the battery/charging system. Has to have quite a bit of voltage to send power to each injector, and if your battery is going, it can cause a hiccup in power from not having fuel for a couple of seconds.

Def. sounds electical or fuel as mentioned.

When mine did that it was the battery/charging system. Has to have quite a bit of voltage to send power to each injector, and if your battery is going, it can cause a hiccup in power from not having fuel for a couple of seconds.

Def. sounds electical or fuel as mentioned.

Volt meter shows ard 12.5 before cranking. And when the bike is started meter shows ard 13.

Back