just bought an 01 busa

bdropped

Registered
the guy i got the bike from has been riding with no mufflers for over a month it seems to be running really rich to. when i rev it theres alot of black smoke. other than that so far it seems to run good but i have never rode a busa before so i am not sure what everything should feel like. what do i need to do about the smoke get mufflers and do a tune up then go from there? it has 17kmiles.

ridin with just an open exhaust? what u pay for it

i payed 3800 for it. the main thing is i want to know since it seems to be running so rich would that save the vavles since it is running open pipes? or could they still be damaged?

<!--EDIT|bdropped
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098554017 -->

dont know man that questions a little over my head shure someone else here would be able to help u.

heres a pic

DSCI0001.JPG

Does it have a PC? There are several people that I have seen that run without the cans on their exhaust and they say it doesn't hurt anything but the bike should be mapped for it.

If I were you, I'd throw on some cans. You can probably get them on ebay cheap.

Does it have a PC? There are several people that I have seen that run without the cans on their exhaust and they say it doesn't hurt anything but the bike should be mapped for it.
yeah the guy i got it from just told me it has a pc but it seams to be mapped with to high of a cuel curve cause of all the black smoke that or it needs new plugs. i am asuming he was pretty hard on it since the middle of the back tire has wire sticking out and the sides of it are almost new. i all can say really is atleast i am no longer busa dreamin i now have one.

i have to wait for everything to be finalized before i do anything. i am supose to me with the guy at my bank today.

well it was fun having a busa for a little while. the guy i was gonna buy it from doesnt seem to want to produce a title.:(

well i havent given him a penny yet. so at least i got to ride a busa for a few days to make sure i really wanted one. so if he doesnt ever bring me a title i will give the bike back and see about getting a new one. something that hasnt been beat on.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|bdropped
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098811774 -->

Well, it sounds like you may just want to give it back and look for something else.

YEAH I would pass on this one like you said... But still, good free ride...
smile.gif

i checked it out the bike isnt stolen but i cant find the guy now. i guess i will keep riding it until he comes back to get it.

Back